House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KerPlunk

No Xmas Bonus

Looks like the London housing market wont be getting its expected influx of eager buyers.

Hopes of bumper bonuses are dashed

Not really fair if they've put in the work over the year, but I'm sure that whatever they get will beat my £20 xmas bonus (get a slightly bigger one in February, but not much better). Hubby doesn't get one at all.

See also this FT article today..

Interesting comment towards the end ... "But even she (dir of Lane Fox) admitted that some of the money would probably be used to pay of existing mortgage debt instead".

Good article

It shows how the high end estate agents are banking on a mini-boom to keep them out of the brown stuff.

Also asks whether city bankers (presumably financialy astute) would want to invest their 'hard earned bonus' in an over inflated property market.

Not really fair if they've put in the work over the year, but I'm sure that whatever they get will beat my £20 xmas bonus (get a slightly bigger one in February, but not much better). Hubby doesn't get one at all.

My christmas bonus for the last 10 years has been.

"You can come back in January - You are not being laid-off"

Why the f___ should they get a bonus anyway? Its called WORK for a reason. We all do it!

Can you imagine every worker got a massive BONUS for doing what they are paid to do anyway??

LUDICROUS!

TB

My christmas bonus for the last 10 years has been.

"You can come back in January - You are not being laid-off"

Why the f___ should they get a bonus anyway? Its called WORK for a reason. We all do it!

Can you imagine every worker got a massive BONUS for doing what they are paid to do anyway??

LUDICROUS!

TB

They get a performance related bonus.

It is similar to being paid a commission, except it is paid in one lump sum annually instead of monthly.

They get a performance related bonus.

It is similar to being paid a commission, except it is paid in one lump sum annually instead of monthly.

Spot on. Its a volatile business so they keep costs flexible. In areas of investment banking like equities, the average person saw their bonus fall by 75% from 2000 to 2002 (if they were fortunate enough to keep their job). Now business is better, bonuses are going back up. You can look at the accounts of the large investment banks and see what they are accruing. The bonus pools are up, whatever a low life recruitment consultant says. Plus, most bonuses are paid in dollars, so you wont see people in the city complaining about the recent slide in the pound.