House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

Market Stalls, Car Boot Sales...

Are you running a business? Then look at business insurance which can cover stock and your Public liability insurance..

If you're just selling your own rubbish then not needed.

Are you running a business? Then look at business insurance which can cover stock and your Public liability insurance..

If you're just selling your own rubbish then not needed.

Often wondered when does selling your own junk cross the line into becomming a business? Is there a limit time/money or otherwise? Or is it as soon as you buy something with the express intention of selling it on?

I remember a year or so back the Chancellor was threatening at home mums who buy on Ebay and flog at car boots or vice versa.

I've been setting up a market stall venture this year. They call them "swap meets" in the US. I've had to get tax licenses for our home city and the city in which we'll do business. Additionally we needed a security check to clear us to sell used goods. We also had to set up a LLC and register a trading name. What a palava...... :rolleyes:

Basically you can trade at these meets up to four times a year, before crossing the line into needing a business set up and registrations etc. And without a tax ID you can't buy from legit wholesalers. At least our chosen swap meet doesn't require us to provide insurance as well.

I've had to get tax licenses for our home city and the city in which we'll do business. Additionally we needed a security check to clear us to sell used goods. We also had to set up a LLC and register a trading name. What a palava...... :rolleyes:

Are you sure you live in the US (the land of the 'free') and not in the former USSR? :rolleyes:

I've been setting up a market stall venture this year. They call them "swap meets" in the US. I've had to get tax licenses for our home city and the city in which we'll do business. Additionally we needed a security check to clear us to sell used goods. We also had to set up a LLC and register a trading name. What a palava...... :rolleyes:

Basically you can trade at these meets up to four times a year, before crossing the line into needing a business set up and registrations etc. And without a tax ID you can't buy from legit wholesalers. At least our chosen swap meet doesn't require us to provide insurance as well.

Why don't you make it even more interesting by selling in the next state to yours too, so the nexus guys will come and get you too ?