House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StuG III

Free Pdf Reader

Can anyone recommend a decent free alternative to adobe? I'm utterly fed up with adobe hogging a zillion gigabytes of hard drive space and half my 20meg broadband speed with its pointless constant updates :angry:

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a decent free alternative to adobe? I'm utterly fed up with adobe hogging a zillion gigabytes of hard drive space and half my 20meg broadband speed with its pointless constant updates :angry:

Thanks!

Took over 20 mins to install the update the other week, then another one came down and another. It's either the most exploited software in history (possible) and requires constant patching or they are just pointless upgrades and tweaks.

Apple has used PDF-derrived Quartz graphics since it was released so PDFs are handled natively.

Get a Mac.

Sorry, I'm not a nobber so I dont qualify.

Apple has used PDF-derrived Quartz graphics since it was released so PDFs are handled natively.

Get a Mac.

great, all we need now is someone to write some 3rd party software for the Mac

out of interest, do any of these above 3rd party pdf readers handle adobe (or other) digital rights management?

eg when you get a time limited pdf document with a login to view?

SumatraPDF is very good, I've switched to it recently from FoxIt.

Thanks. I like it. Only tried it on downloaded PDFs, but it's very fast. Even on 50+ page documents scrolling down. No fighting with the scroll bar down, or hot key for rendering next page.

Uninstalled and ditched Adobe after the last weighty update gave me a message suggesting it had failed to install properly.

Not free, but not expensive and you can't really fault it. Depends upon what you want as to whether you want this functionality and small cost.

papers

Is that cloud based bibliographic software that also manages PDF downloads and storage, in short, so replacing both existing bibliographic software and also local file storage, is it all in the cloud or does it have substantial local storage like Dropbox?