House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

Fathers For Justice Trashing Works Of Arts

Just wondered what peoples opinions were on Fathers for Justice trashing works of art. Although Fathers for Justice may have some legitimate gripes. I don't think this is going to win them any friends.

Having said that it did make me google what their aims were, so maybe to some extent it works.

They seem to have taken some of their ideas from "animal rights", apparently they target family courts.

Interestingly their is a splinter group"real fathers for justice"!

Just wondered what peoples opinions were on Fathers for Justice trashing works of art. Although Fathers for Justice may have some legitimate gripes. I don't think this is going to win them any friends.

Having said that it did make me google what their aims were, so maybe to some extent it works.

They seem to have taken some of their ideas from "animal rights", apparently they target family courts.

Splinter group? What, like the People's front of Judea?

Guest eight

I am in the Provisional Fathers for Justice until the paternity test.

:lol::lol::lol:

They should just start killing people, it worked for the IRA.

I agree with F4J.

Any time someone has some kind of greivance, they should destroy a national treasure. Who can argue with that?

Now, there were far too many pensioners in Sainsburys this afternoon. Reckon I'll go burn down the tower of london.

Just watched the so called debate on BBC this morning about kids needing fathers.

What an absolute joke this was, the priest was going on about huge swathes of men being wife beaters, the black lady is just some extremist feminist who despises men and along with the lady presenting rudely interrupted the guy who didnt go along wit the BBC's cultural marxist point of view.

I'm a single father whose mother has left the country for work and i cannot see any benefit whatsoever to a child being raised by only one parent.

What a joke the BBC is.

PS Good luck to fathers for justice, these men have had their kids taken away from them by vile people like on this show who despise men, surely the lives of children are more important then an overpriced painting, that jumped up people who think they're the elites of the planet look at .... when anyone with a brain knows its a case of the Emperors new clothes.

PS Good luck to fathers for justice, these men have had their kids taken away from them by vile people like on this show who despise men, surely the lives of children are more important then an overpriced painting, that jumped up people who think they're the elites of the planet look at .... when anyone with a brain knows its a case of the Emperors new clothes.

No, not good luck to them. Two wrongs don't make a right, particularly when it's not directed at anything or anyone who has anything to do with their problem. Fathers for Selective Justice.

No, not good luck to them. Two wrongs don't make a right, particularly when it's not directed at anything or anyone who has anything to do with their problem. Fathers for Selective Justice.

The antics of F4J are counterproductive. getting publicity is one thing; causing damage and harm to innocent third parties is another.

Edit: Doesn't anyone recognise the painting I posted above?!

The antics of F4J are counterproductive. getting publicity is one thing; causing damage and harm to innocent third parties is another.

Edit: Doesn't anyone recognise the painting I posted above?!

Yes, I recognised it. It is 'And when did you last see your father' but I would not incite people to go and damage it or any other work of art :)

Yes, I recognised it. It is 'And when did you last see your father' but I would not incite people to go and damage it or any other work of art :)

:D

Agreed.

But if, hypothetically, F4J was compelled to trash a work of art, are there any other suggestions for candidate works?

Apposite suggestions please. Hypothetically.

Divorced Dads will not get better rights until they take drastic action. Women did not get the vote until they did mass protests, went go jail and one got killed.

Until these men are prepared to take such actions society, the law and Parliament will ignore them. Worse, many parfs of the media will vilify and ridicule them.

Just an observation.

Divorced Dads will not get better rights until they take drastic action. Women did not get the vote until they did mass protests, went go jail and one got killed.

Until these men are prepared to take such actions society, the law and Parliament will ignore them. Worse, many parfs of the media will vilify and ridicule them.

And such actions deserve vilification and ridicule, no matter the injustices they might've suffered themselves.

I would be awfully surprised if it was "fathers for justice" actually trashing works of art.

the distortion/dismemberment of works of art was actually part of a nazi plan back in ww2......much like the digital kristallnacht act.same shit, different decade...and this time we will see to it that the new hitler learns his lesson FOR GOOD....END OF STORY.

as I said.this time dresden happens with nukes.

we are watching.and we are ANGRY.

I would be awfully surprised if it was "fathers for justice" actually trashing works of art.

the distortion/dismemberment of works of art was actually part of a nazi plan back in ww2......much like the digital kristallnacht act.same shit, different decade...and this time we will see to it that the new hitler learns his lesson FOR GOOD....END OF STORY.

as I said.this time dresden happens with nukes.

we are watching.and we are ANGRY.

:blink:

OK... that's a bit wierd... even for you.

And such actions deserve vilification and ridicule, no matter the injustices they might've suffered themselves.

All the freedoms you take for granted from birth were won by men and women breaking then injust laws in a fight for justice and freedom.

All the freedoms you take for granted from birth were won by men and women breaking then injust laws in a fight for justice and freedom.

Which isn't what Fathers for Justice are doing. They are breaking just laws that are completely irrelevant to their cause.

Which isn't what Fathers for Justice are doing. They are breaking just laws that are completely irrelevant to their cause.

I suppose there were plenty of blokes back in the early 1900s who thought that women were better off without the vote and that the law banning them from voting was just.

Or how about all those mill owners who thought that it was perfectly OK for children as young as 5 to work in their mills?

I could go on but I ain't sure that you would get the point :)

I can't condone the damage to works of art, but sometimes stunts are needed to get any kind of attention for a cause. As TMT says, pretty much every right and freedom we enjoy has been hard won by people sometimes willing to risk everything to gain it.

I suppose there were plenty of blokes back in the early 1900s who thought that women were better off without the vote and that the law banning them from voting was just.

Or how about all those mill owners who thought that it was perfectly OK for children as young as 5 to work in their mills?

I could go on but I ain't sure that you would get the point :)

I'm afraid you are missing the point entirely because I've said more than once that any potential injustice that may have been committed against them originally isn't the issue I have. I have never said that the law is always right and that no injustice has been committed in its name. Your examples have no relevence whatsoever because we're not talking about injustices in the law but about how people react to those. You are defending a mentality which attempts to justify criminal acts against things that have nothing to do with their cause. It's like me smashing some random person's front window in because I'd been issued a speeding ticket despite being below the speed limit. If I had picked the window of the Talivan operator there would at least be some connection, but not when it's against someone with absolutely nothing to do with the injustice against me.

I can't condone the damage to works of art, but sometimes stunts are needed to get any kind of attention for a cause. As TMT says, pretty much every right and freedom we enjoy has been hard won by people sometimes willing to risk everything to gain it.

And if those stunts are directed against parts of the system responsible for the injustice then fair enough - as long as you persuade me that there's a problem in the first place (in this case it sounds like there is). However, even then it's still rather subjective, even when the target is related. What about Greens blockading power stations, or animal rights protestors attacking places that do animal research? Then when the stakes get really high you end up with outright terrorism - precisely the same attitudes involved there too, and can involve people ranging from those whose cause I've some sympathy to (but not their means of expressing it) to groups that I'd like to see wiped off the face of the earth. Sometimes you can have both in the same people (because it's possible to have injustices committed against vile scum).

I'm afraid you are missing the point entirely because I've said more than once that any potential injustice that may have been committed against them originally isn't the issue I have. I have never said that the law is always right and that no injustice has been committed in its name. Your examples have no relevence whatsoever because we're not talking about injustices in the law but about how people react to those. You are defending a mentality which attempts to justify criminal acts against things that have nothing to do with their cause. It's like me smashing some random person's front window in because I'd been issued a speeding ticket despite being below the speed limit. If I had picked the window of the Talivan operator there would at least be some connection, but not when it's against someone with absolutely nothing to do with the injustice against me.

Indeed.

Although, in the case of Emin's tent, it would still be great if someone trashed it. Hypothetically.