House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Couple Who Paid A Record £3.5Million For Dilapidated Sandbanks Home Are Refused Permission To Transform It Into A Luxury Five-Bed House

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350655/Couple-paid-record-3-5million-dilapidated-Sandbanks-home-refused-permission-transform-luxury-bed-house.html

Couple who paid a record £3.5million for dilapidated Sandbanks home are refused permission to transform it into a luxury five-bed house

Stephen and Lucie Allen planned to build a luxury four-storey home

But plans have been thrown out after other residents complained

They wanted to build a house with a gym, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, a three-car garage, two studies and two sun terraces

Sandbanks is the fifth most expensive location in the world to buy property

The run-down house last sold on the market in 1998 for £665,000

Successful businessman Mr Allen, 53, had declined the opportunity to enter into pre-planning talks with officials.

The couple, who have four children, currently live in a six bedroom house worth £1.8million in the leafy Canford Cliffs area of Poole.

I'm sure a revised plan will pass, but thought this might cause a bit of mild amusement.

The proposed house looks exactly the same as the one next to it, and better than the apartment block on the other side (though, admittedly, that's not saying much).

Did someone not receive their backhander?

The proposed house looks exactly the same as the one next to it, and better than the apartment block on the other side (though, admittedly, that's not saying much).

My sentiments exactly. If they can spend £3.5mn on a eroded sand dune, surely they can pay the oligatory backhander.

The proposed house ooks exactly the same as the one next to it, and better than the apartment block on the other side (though, admittedly, that's not saying much).

Seconded. I thought the architect had done a very good blending the home with stylings from the adjacent properties.

My guess is that because they are the last house to build UP, the two adjacent properties are complaining their adjacent side views will be impaired.

No sympathy really. Fancy buying without the appropriate planning permission.

Aye, the winter is coming.

Did it ever leave?

Seriously, who cares if your house is on the water if you have to wear a parka in July to walk out to to the beach?

Edited by richc

Sandbanks has for me the largest percent of tossers per head of population in the uk....I worked on houses there back in the late nineties

..my boss had to keep me away from them as I unleashed on a few of them that just thought the world revolved around them and sandbanks .....we could not get nothing done because of moaning neighbors and feckwits from the local goverment ...nice beaches near though for a swim after work

I often wonder why anyone pays several million for a glorified estate in an urban area, when you can get something on its own in extensive grounds and privacy for a fraction of the price in the country.

Having a design that overhangs the plot by three metres was never going to get approved! It was just a daft bit of kite flying by the developer.

Ha, I think they wanted to be the closest to the beach. ;)