House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
worried1

Ea Descriptions Getting Worse?

I have posted a couple of examples of this on other threads, but was wondering if it was something that others have been noticing. EAs seem to be using even more 'imaginitive' and sometimes just incorrect ways of describing houses than ever before.

For example, this house in Richmond is described as having three 'natural' bedrooms. I looked at the floorplan because I just couldn't understand what that could mean. Apparently, three 'natural' bedrooms, means two real bedrooms and another small one that can't be used as anything other than a dressing room because it can only be accessed from one of the proper bedrooms:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29294640?search_identifier=2e1fd5fea12abaf921836d8d70363bc0

In Kingston, this house is described as 'imposing' even though it is a small semi that is totally overshadowed by the larger house next door:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29516225?search_identifier=814f9eaa0183cc1d80569667fc1a30cc

Do they really think that this adds any value to their listings?

I have posted a couple of examples of this on other threads, but was wondering if it was something that others have been noticing. EAs seem to be using even more 'imaginitive' and sometimes just incorrect ways of describing houses than ever before.

For example, this house in Richmond is described as having three 'natural' bedrooms. I looked at the floorplan because I just couldn't understand what that could mean. Apparently, three 'natural' bedrooms, means two real bedrooms and another small one that can't be used as anything other than a dressing room because it can only be accessed from one of the proper bedrooms:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29294640?search_identifier=2e1fd5fea12abaf921836d8d70363bc0

In Kingston, this house is described as 'imposing' even though it is a small semi that is totally overshadowed by the larger house next door:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/29516225?search_identifier=814f9eaa0183cc1d80569667fc1a30cc

Do they really think that this adds any value to their listings?

I know Kingston prices have gone even crazier than they were, but that one doesn't even have an upstairs bathroom! Not exactly in one of the more sought-after areas, either, and they're asking over half a mill...

As for the 'Alberts' cottage, prices have been mad there for ages. But it's quaint and near the station, and there always seems to be someone willing to shell out three quarters of a million for a tiddly little cottage.

Any getting worser, is directly due to EA's having to pay peanuts, and employ illiterate scum, who have great problems stringing together two words, and often talk crap because their mental stimulus is so very poor. It does not help, trying to sell labourer's cottages to bank managers.

I know Kingston prices have gone even crazier than they were, but that one doesn't even have an upstairs bathroom! Not exactly in one of the more sought-after areas, either, and they're asking over half a mill...

It's the ripple effect working again. Small houses in the roads in north Kingston and central Surbiton have been above £500k for ages, so people have started looking around St Johns etc and now we end up in a situation where even roads next to the Cambridge Estate have this type of price.

I've noticed a sizeable increase in flats described as houses, semis marketed as detached on the house portals.

I have seen this as well, and I can never understand why they do it. Even if it wasn't given away by the picture, if I went and saw a detached house that turned out to be a semi, I'd not bother going inside.

I think that comes back to the EAs view of themselves as brilliant sales people who 'could sell sand to the Arabs'. I have lost count of the number of EA calls I have had that start 'I know it is not what you are looking for, but....'. I just don't understand the point, but presumably they must convert some people by doing that.

I think that comes back to the EAs view of themselves as brilliant sales people who 'could sell sand to the Arabs'. I have lost count of the number of EA calls I have had that start 'I know it is not what you are looking for, but....'. I just don't understand the point, but presumably they must convert some people by doing that.

+1!!!

I get a weekly phone call from the same EA fishing for viewings of anything new they have on their books, even though they don't even slightly match my criteria. What's annoying is, I only gave them my details in the first place to view a property that then went off the market before I could even go and see it.

He must compare the properties he has to my check-list and think: 'right location? nope, right size? nope, detached? nope - i'll give him a ring anyway'. What's even more laughable is they refuse to provide an actual listing/images, because, y'know, it apparently takes them FIVE DAYS to get these on their 'system'. Total BS. Still yet to view a single property with them :lol:

I quite like one local EA who likes to start their listings with hilarious tag lines like 'THE GOOD LIFE', 'THE ULTIMATE', 'ROOM FOR THE FAMILY', 'LIVE LIKE A KING' and my favorite for the visual images = 'SEMI POTENTIAL'. The houses are generally overpriced tat, and I've never gotten a semi from looking at any house :P

I quite like one local EA who likes to start their listings with hilarious tag lines like 'THE GOOD LIFE', 'THE ULTIMATE', 'ROOM FOR THE FAMILY', 'LIVE LIKE A KING' and my favorite for the visual images = 'SEMI POTENTIAL'. The houses are generally overpriced tat, and I've never gotten a semi from looking at any house :P

Yep, that type of thing should be saved for the Sunday supplements alongside the ads where they get the owners to comment, which is normally an older lady saying something along the lines of ' We fell in love with the house as soon as we saw the Hollyhocks in the front garden and the amount of light that comes into the utility room has kept us very happy for the last 40 years'.

Of course, it doesn't stop the pictures of telling their own story of a house that has never seen modernisation for as long as they have lived there.

:lol:

Yes, Haart uses those tag lines as well. A national estate agent chain. The local one likes to use 'NORTH ERN STAR' a lot when they are trying to shift an overpriced bog standard terraced house in the northern part of my home city. :rolleyes:

According to the letting agent, a property on a Rightmove advert is "unoverlooked" . :rolleyes: That's 2 prefixes to the word "looked".

According to the letting agent, a property on a Rightmove advert is "unoverlooked" . :rolleyes: That's 2 prefixes to the word "looked".

If it were enclosed on four sides they'd say, "This nonunoverlooked property is the epitome of city living."