House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iamdamosuzuki

Typical Ea Behaviour?

Thanks for sharing. I can't believe how petty and sordid this promotional draw was, pathetic really pathetic. Greenstone crawling around in the gutter for a free iPad.

I assumed that the myriad competitions for free this or that are routinely scams to get you to part with some details and nothing more. The EAs are a bit thick to not allow postal entries or entries via the shop so a made up name could be announced with no possibility of being rumbled.

I guess the dishonesty is in their genes and they can't help themselves.

They are so dumb.. as if some new facebook likes is going to increase their turnover of properties, what utter morons.

Business is slow so some bright spark comes up with the idea of increasing sales by encouraging visits to their facebook page and they hit upon a fake competition to do it.

More website visits does not equal more sales when the problem is your product costs too much, a competition is a dumb way to do it as the prize has a cost that they seem unable to bear, they messed up the fakery not once but TWICE by pulling a similar stunt that could be found out in exactly the same way whilst producing a video ffs that actually drew attention to the fact that it was fake.

That takes some doing, thats a level of incompetence and dishonesty that Im frankly impressed with. I don't think there's many people that could do so much so wrong.

How do these people function as human beings? Do they eat their socks in the morning sometimes and go to work with cereal in their shoes? Its amazing.

At an exhibition a few years ago I put my business card in a bucket ... yes they wanted contact details to sell me stuff but I won a small linux laptop worth about £200 ... why are EAs so petty as to worry about giving away an iPad to someone other than one of their mates ... I guess the dishonesty is in their genes and they can't help themselves.

There's the rub I suppose, they promised big and failed to deliver. It's funny, is there any other industry (and I use that word loosely) that treats its potential customers with such utter contempt? They've basically, via Facebook, outed themselves as complete nobs in front of 500 people over something that one rental contract or sale would pay for twice over.

If they wanted to be sneaky, it would have been straightforward. They could of course have used a lower value item, as with your win.

Edited by cheeznbreed

There's the rub I suppose, they promised big and failed to deliver. It's funny, is there any other industry (and I use that word loosely) that treats its potential customers with such utter contempt? They've basically, via Facebook, outed themselves as complete nobs in front of 500 people over something that one rental contract or sale would pay for twice over.

If they wanted to be sneaky, it would have been straightforward. They could of course have used a lower value item, as with your win.

Agreed, it sums up the reality of the situation. These gimmicks are designed to get your personal information from you on the cheap (rather than pay a data company such as data8 - sorry, it's just one such company I am aware of and I'm sure there are many others - for the privilege). Yes, it's cheaper to collect say, 2000, contacts via this method but if you promise to raffle off an iPad then a) do it and, B) make sure it's fair. It's simple stuff really. Anything that deviates from that is crooked and should be highlighted as such...

The world is full of arseholes and you tend to find they end up running promotions like this.

Regards,

Wrex