HOLA441
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

KP.

Loose batting.

Out.

If Bell gets a 100 from here, ill never attack the bloke again.

I can't remember him getting big runs in the first innings when really needed (like now) very often. He's pretty good at helping to bat out a draw which to my mind is not a good reason for selection.

HOLA443

I can't remember him getting big runs in the first innings when really needed (like now) very often. He's pretty good at helping to bat out a draw which to my mind is not a good reason for selection.

Quite. He wins very few games from difficult positions.

Trotts out now.

124-4

In the balance.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Aaaanddd - Bingo. Bell gone.

Sounds like he got a good ball but he seems to get them so often in these circs, can't help feeling his style influences this. It's easier to bowl at someone so passive, you can just try and try without much fear of being smashed around until eventually you bowl something perfect.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Sounds like he got a good ball but he seems to get them so often in these circs, can't help feeling his style influences this. It's easier to bowl at someone so passive, you can just try and try without much fear of being smashed around until eventually you bowl something perfect.

The usual. :rolleyes:

A lucky bloke Bell.

HOLA4411

FFS

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Ah, sorry. Yes.

He'll be next for the chop, unless he does his usual trick of a century in a dead rubber.

If the Aussies get 600 and we have to bat for two days to save it he might actually be useful. Passive batting, not dominant, it has it's place I suppose but won't make you popular.

HOLA4416

If the Aussies get 600 and we have to bat for two days to save it he might actually be useful. Passive batting, not dominant, it has it's place I suppose but won't make you popular.

This was a good toss to lose for the Aussies.

Cook, having won it, had to go in first as he needed to show confidence, and hope to take the initiative.

However, if the sun comes out at Nottingham tomorrow, we could be bang up against it.

I took 13/2 on the draw.

HOLA4417

This was a good toss to lose for the Aussies.

Cook, having won it, had to go in first as he needed to show confidence, and hope to take the initiative.

However, if the sun comes out at Nottingham tomorrow, we could be bang up against it.

I took 13/2 on the draw.

With the weather set fair that a draw unlikely.

215 is sh1te, a classic beginning-of-series batting performance from England.

We'll be lucky to get out of this one IMO, unless Anderson is on song straightaway.

HOLA4418

With the weather set fair that a draw unlikely.

215 is sh1te, a classic beginning-of-series batting performance from England.

We'll be lucky to get out of this one IMO, unless Anderson is on song straightaway.

Sorry, meant drawn series, not this game.

There will be a result here right enough!!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I agree.

Win toss.

Bat.

Especially today.

Well we may have had red faces saying that, had we not ripped the Aussies top order apart in the evening session. As it is we are in the box seat, just have to hope that the clouds hang on till 11 for a bit of swing and we finish them off before they get 200.

By this afternoon it will be unbroken sunshine and I reckon the life will be going out of the pitch too. Broad's ability to bowl is the major worry.

I did get to see the afternoon session, and I can't believe how poor the Aussie attack was.........about County standard I would say 9and that includes Siddle.

The demise of both teams has to be put down to the pressure cooker situation, though England's attack is just massively superior to the Aussies.

HOLA4424

Another observation, the Aussies don't exactly look very intimidating do they. Fairly short in stature and not the classical convict types we normally get. What happened to the likes of Merv Hughs and Gillespie. Even Ponting had a don't mess with me look on his face. Clarke looks bloody apologetic most of the time, he reminds me of that weak Aussie captain from the 70s Kim Hughes, who was apparently given a rough ride by the tough veterans around him like Lilley, Thompson and Marsh.

HOLA4425

Well we may have had red faces saying that, had we not ripped the Aussies top order apart in the evening session. As it is we are in the box seat, just have to hope that the clouds hang on till 11 for a bit of swing and we finish them off before they get 200.

By this afternoon it will be unbroken sunshine and I reckon the life will be going out of the pitch too. Broad's ability to bowl is the major worry.

I did get to see the afternoon session, and I can't believe how poor the Aussie attack was.........about County standard I would say 9and that includes Siddle.

The demise of both teams has to be put down to the pressure cooker situation, though England's attack is just massively superior to the Aussies.

Terry Alderman in the early 80s was just a bit of a wobbler, but he caused havoc...

Archived