House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

The Woman Who Accused A Stranger She Found On Facebook Of Rape - And How It Ruined Her Victim's Life

And the sentence for this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348532/The-woman-accused-stranger-Facebook-rape--ruined-victims-life.html

Given everything he has been through, one wonders how Philip McDonald can even bring himself to look at Facebook. True, he’s hyper-conscious about his security settings, but then, so would you be if you’d endured what he has over the past two years.

For Philip, a polite and quietly spoken 26-year-old father-of-one, was plucked out of the blue by a total stranger who spotted his picture on the social networking site and decided to falsely accuse him of rape.

In an act of inexplicable viciousness, 31-year-old fantasist Linsey Attridge chanced upon a photograph of Philip and his then 14-year-old brother James and used it to back up a story she’d concocted. She’d done it, apparently, in order to win some sympathy with her boyfriend, when she feared his affections were waning.

And her punishment for a callous deceit that besmirched the names of two innocent young men? A risible 200 hours of community service and a social services supervision order.

200 hours!! I wonder how much police time she wasted on this more than 200 hours?

And the sentence for this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348532/The-woman-accused-stranger-Facebook-rape--ruined-victims-life.html

200 hours!! I wonder how much police time she wasted on this more than 200 hours?

Always hard in cases like this. It seems like she has several types of personality disorder all at once .I'm not sure what the 200 hours of community service is going to do to someone in that state. Maybe some time in hospital and 200 hours of counselling would be of more advantage to society.

Always hard in cases like this. It seems like she has several types of personality disorder all at once .I'm not sure what the 200 hours of community service is going to do to someone in that state. Maybe some time in hospital and 200 hours of counselling would be of more advantage to society.

Surely a punitive sentence as an example to anybody else who thinks they'll ruin the life of two random strangers.

I don't care about her issues. A man accused is always punished by the publicity, and many commit suicide. These cases where the false accusation gets to court are the "hard core" of false accusations; the police and prosecutors mostly quietly drop the others. Even this one seems to have been dropped, where a girl puts SIX men through the mill; finally gets arrested for wasting police time four months later, but what happened after that? I can't find out.

The whole thing could be resolved by having anonymity for the accused, but until that time, I want to see these women get the same hard time as the men would have done.

Ed forgot linky

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/another-false-gang-rape-claim-against.html

Not really. If they are nuts they are nuts.

I've always disagreed on that one. It is the actions that matter, I don't think the mad / bad distinction is relevant other than when it comes to whether they serve their sentence in a prison or a secure mental hospital.

+1

Good post, we need to look at the bigger picture.

The whole thing could be resolved by having anonymity for the accused

Never thought about that, good idea.

I've always disagreed on that one. It is the actions that matter, I don't think the mad / bad distinction is relevant other than when it comes to whether they serve their sentence in a prison or a secure mental hospital.

I've known a few guys get into trouble with 'bonkers' girls. Not to this extreme level admittedly. They can seem refreshingly 'loving' and effervescent at first, which is why men get sucked in, but then it becomes clear they are constantly creating huge dramas and manipulating situations, usually to get non-stop attention from anyone who'll give it. Of course, when the guy has to call time on things, it's fireworks.

But they really need diagnosing to get help because they aren't necessarily 'bad' people.

Not really. If they are nuts they are nuts.

Same presumably should apply to a real rapist. Especially the ones who have their way with primary-age children, whose very act demonstrates something wrong in the head.

People with personality disorders are lethal - they destroy lives around them often oblivious to the pain they cause whilst taking delight in the suffering they cause others.

Whilst such people are arguably ill the reality in life is that they are indeed very dangerous.

People with personality disorders are lethal - they destroy lives around them often oblivious to the pain they cause whilst taking delight in the suffering they cause others.

Whilst such people are arguably ill the reality in life is that they are indeed very dangerous.

But to be exempted from the full penalty, you have to show that the perpetrator was unable to appreciate what they were doing.

These evil people are well able to tell right from wrong and need severe punishment.

To let them off lightly is to enable their wrong doing and encourage a repetition.

Same presumably should apply to a real rapist. Especially the ones who have their way with primary-age children, whose very act demonstrates something wrong in the head.

I read recently about some bloke whose behaviour was perfectly normal until he developed a brain tumour and began to have paedophile urges. He was arrested for his behaviour and the tumour was discovered during a routine examination. After the tumour was removed, his behaviour returned to normal. Unfortunately, the tumour later returned and so did his paedophile behaviour. Not sure what happened to him in the end.

I read recently about some bloke whose behaviour was perfectly normal until he developed a brain tumour and began to have paedophile urges. He was arrested for his behaviour and the tumour was discovered during a routine examination. After the tumour was removed, his behaviour returned to normal. Unfortunately, the tumour later returned and so did his paedophile behaviour. Not sure what happened to him in the end.

One thing I find unjust is that desire for younger (post-pubescent) partners is presumably adaptive in males whereas the opposite applies to women. which being the case, men are obliged to override basic biological drives to stay within the law.

Not saying that those laws should not exist but perhaps men (like the pathological case you cited) should not be judged as harshly as women when they transgress.

One thing I find unjust is that desire for younger (post-pubescent) partners is presumably adaptive in males whereas the opposite applies to women. which being the case, men are obliged to override basic biological drives to stay within the law.

Not saying that those laws should not exist but perhaps men (like the pathological case you cited) should not be judged as harshly as women when they transgress.

I've got an idea. let's make it illegal for young girls, under 21 say, to pursue older men. Do you think it will fly?

Personally, I'd say her crime was worse than rape, in that it was pre-meditated, calculated and carried out over an extended period, rather than being a brief uncontrolled outburst of lust. I'd say she warrants at least a five-year prison sentence and she'd be getting off lightly at that.

The tumour was removed again and the symptoms once again resolved.

Don't know any more than that. Read it in New Scientist 15 June issue.

So would it be ok for a guy with several types of personality disorders all at once to commit rape and get a few weeks working in the charity shop?

I'm not sure that's a useful road to go down. Ultimately you could say that we are all merely the products of our genetic predispositions and upbringing and therefore all blameless. However, there is also the utilitarian argument that those who are most prone to particular criminal behaviours should be threatened with the harshest punishment, since they clearly require the strongest deterrent to keep them in line!

Group Hug for Ian Brady. ;)

... and of course we need to censor the Internet to clean it of the filth that corrupts people like him ...

Ah yes, I see your logic. He can't have been corrupted by the internet since it came after his time, so any other child murders can't have been corrupted by the internet either! That makes sense.

She sounds like a complete psychopath and a danger to the public to put two random strangers in legal trouble just to satisfy her ego and repair an ailing relationship. They don't have to physically maim and kill to inflict destruction on innocents: the inadequate legal systems in the West don't know how properly deal people with criminal personality disorders (with Mick Philpott already nearly killing people decades before he succeeded).

Ah yes, I see your logic. He can't have been corrupted by the internet since it came after his time, so any other child murders can't have been corrupted by the internet either! That makes sense.

Its a resonably valid point. Does the infanticide rate correlate with internet access rates?

I dont honestly know.

I'd guess it doesnt.

I also know that correlation =/ causation but establishing the presence or absence of a correlation is a fair step towards proving or disproving causation.

Bread and circuses.

logic fail.

the inference from the quoted post was that attempts to censor the internet would not stop child murderers *like Brady*, which is axiomatic.

It doesn't follow that NO child murderers have been corrupted by the internet.