House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

I Have 2,000 Yahoo! Shares, I’M Greek, I’M A Dirty Old Man And You Look Attractive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/10142301/Yahoo-chief-Marissa-Mayer-praised-for-smashing-glass-ceiling.html

The 38-year-old former Google executive was told by one investor at the meeting in Sunnyvale, California: “I have 2,000 Yahoo! shares, I’m Greek, I’m a dirty old man and you look attractive.”

Ms Mayer, dressed in a modest shift dress and heels, pointedly ignored the remark as she went on to address his other concerns.

Other shareholders paid tribute to Ms Mayer for smashing the so-called “glass ceiling” by becoming the leader of a major technology company at a young age, at the same time as she was pregnant with her first child. They also lobbied her to use her position to stand up for the rights of other women.

One investor, a single mother who claimed she has been unfairly dismissed by Walmart, the US supermarket giant on whose board Ms Mayer also sits, issued an emotional plea to the technology executive to help her get her job back.

“When you had your baby three months after joining Yahoo!, I was proud that women had finally shattered that unbreakable glass ceiling,” she said. “Ms Mayer, many women throughout Silicon Valley and the world look up to you [and] the company has benefitted as a result…now we are asking that you also be a leader at Walmart.”

I see that she isn't a shirker having two jobs, clearly the life as a CEO isn't highly paid enough and you need to sit on 2 boards.