House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Robbie Williams House Up For Sale

http://money.uk.msn.com/mortgages-and-homes/uk-celebrity-homes-for-sale#image=2

Even the celebs advertise on rightmove.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27244623.html

He has gone multi-agent, which I usually think is a sure sign someone wants a quick sale.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42133028.html

Asking price: £5.5Million

"15 June 2013

Initial entry found. "

One to keep an eye on....

Best guess at the previous purchase price comes from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calne

"In 2008 the singer-songwriter Robbie Williams purchased a £7 million property in the nearby Parish of Compton Bassett. Compton Basset House came complete with gamekeeper lodgings, tennis court, helipad and extensive grounds. The property is approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) to the east of central Calne. Compton Basset House was also previously owned by the famous architect Sir Norman Foster (now Baron Foster of Thames Bank) of "Gherkin" fame, but was sold by him in 1992."

Would have been better off renting :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

http://money.uk.msn.com/mortgages-and-homes/uk-celebrity-homes-for-sale#image=2

Even the celebs advertise on rightmove.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27244623.html

He has gone multi-agent, which I usually think is a sure sign someone wants a quick sale.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42133028.html

Asking price: £5.5Million

"15 June 2013

Initial entry found. "

One to keep an eye on....

Best guess at the previous purchase price comes from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calne

"In 2008 the singer-songwriter Robbie Williams purchased a £7 million property in the nearby Parish of Compton Bassett. Compton Basset House came complete with gamekeeper lodgings, tennis court, helipad and extensive grounds. The property is approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) to the east of central Calne. Compton Basset House was also previously owned by the famous architect Sir Norman Foster (now Baron Foster of Thames Bank) of "Gherkin" fame, but was sold by him in 1992."

Would have been better off renting :lol:

This "house" (actually a redecorated stables) has been for sale for at least 3 years. The fact that a gravel quarry has opened up next door in the past couple years probably doesn't help either.

This "house" (actually a redecorated stables) has been for sale for at least 3 years. The fact that a gravel quarry has opened up next door in the past couple years probably doesn't help either.

Thanks for the update Robbie.

The Times, February 2009.

However, Williams seems to have paid close to the guide price of £8.5 million, not £7 million as reported, highlighting the relative resilience of the top-notch rural pile with easy access to London. Compton Bassett House - which was offered for sale jointly by Knight Frank and Savills - is just 13 miles from the M4. The drive to London takes about two hours.

The property's most recent makeover was masterminded by Paul and Selene Cripps, who employed Michael Phillips, the architect who devised the design of the swishly elegant Malmaison hotels. The renovation, begun in 1998, was so extensive that Mr Cripps was forced to install a new electricity substation at the cost of £350,000 as the property was using so much energy.

The Cripps sold up because they wished to downsize; Mr Cripps also told The Times that he was “fed up of having to get into the car for a paper or a pint of milk”.

I'm not joking. I'll bet he needs the money.

Not according to this:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1705795/How-rich-is-Robbie-Williams.html

He must be minted.

Get a load of this comment from the end of the article:

"He isn't always astute with his finances. He bought a mansion in Wiltshire for over £8m in February 2009 and sold it at an estimated £1m loss less than a year later after he quickly fell out of love with the property. He is now said to be hunting for a replacement country pad elsewhere."

Did he sell...didn't he sell ?

Someone somewhere is not getting their facts right.

Are we looking at a potential 30%+ drop in house prices in wiltshire since 2008 ?

The truth will out.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

"He isn't always astute with his finances. He bought a mansion in Wiltshire for over £8m in February 2009 and sold it at an estimated £1m loss less than a year later after he quickly fell out of love with the property. He is now said to be hunting for a replacement country pad elsewhere."

Obviously heading for Luton ;)

Ill bet he needs the money too.

He has the most boring voice, no charisma at all, and is generally a hyped up embarassment.

However, Williams seems to have paid close to the guide price of £8.5 million, not £7 million as reported, highlighting the relative resilience of the top-notch rural pile with easy access to London.

God the times is full of crap. The sunday times home section is as bad as any estate agents own propaganda. The money section is no different, other than it pimps shitty investment funds instead.

God the times is full of crap.

It is. Anne Ash., and all the others gushing over HPI can eat bricks for all I care.

He's said to have taken a loss on his US house sale recently too. Those kinds of losses add up.

Robbie Williams sells Beverly Hills mansion compound complete with full football pitch for $3.2million... at a LOSS of $500k

By Louise Saunders

PUBLISHED: 12:16, 3 June 2013 | UPDATED: 07:45, 4 June 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2335076/Robbie-Williams-sells-Beverly-Hills-mansion-compound-complete-football-pitch-3-2million--LOSS-500k.html

He has the most boring voice, no charisma at all, and is generally a hyped up embarassment.

He speaks highly of you however. :rolleyes:

Energy Rating D puts me right off.

I'd have to install lots of wind turbines if I bought it.

Edited by Secure Tenant

You can be a trifle harsh, old bean! Usually I quite like him and I'm very far from being a teenage girl throwing my Peacock knicks in his direction, he's also pretty down to earth as people go :P

I think he is a good showman and has charisma, but youre right, he cant sing.

whilst I respect your right to an opinion.....his charisma comes from hype and showmanship?...whereever I have seen him on stage with others, the hype comes first followed by a lot of screaming and then a dissapointing lull....compared to real talent, like Shirley Bassey or Singing Sid Rumpo....he is as good as I am.....maybe a bit better than me.....

For showmanship, gotta look at people like The Artist formerly Known as Prince, Bruce Forsythe, and even the judges on Simply.

You can be a trifle harsh, old bean! Usually I quite like him and I'm very far from being a teenage girl throwing my Peacock knicks in his direction, he's also pretty down to earth as people go :P

He's probably a very nice chap...i cant stand the persona though....and I wont be swayed by you lot telling me otherwise.:D

He's probably a very nice chap...i cant stand the persona though....and I wont be swayed by you lot telling me otherwise.:D

'Course, I should've said you were an Eiffel harsh ;)

I saw Robbie Williams post Take That in Vienna in an old slaughterhouse with about 150 teenage girls, just before Angels was released.

The venue had been moved due to lack of interest.

I was a foot taller than everyone else, which was annoying, as I kept being asked to move so the girls could see the man.

He played for 2 hours and was utterly fantastic. Never seen anything like it. A brilliant showman.

Then he was out to prove something to the world. I get the feeling he can't take it seriously these days.

I saw Robbie Williams post Take That in Vienna in an old slaughterhouse with about 150 teenage girls, just before Angels was released.

The venue had been moved due to lack of interest.

I was a foot taller than everyone else, which was annoying, as I kept being asked to move so the girls could see the man.

He played for 2 hours and was utterly fantastic. Never seen anything like it. A brilliant showman.

Then he was out to prove something to the world. I get the feeling he can't take it seriously these days.

Crowd Psychology.:blink:

'Course, I should've said you were an Eiffel harsh ;)

yabba de yabba die....TBH, those cartoon charachters had more charisma...at least you could feel sorry for them.

We had thread on here about this in 2012

Robbie Williams: I’m worth £100m but house prices in London are 'frightening

But prices are astronomical. I don’t know how anybody can afford to live in London full stop. It’s all gone oligarch-kind-of-cash. It’s all unrealistic.

“Everything’s like a two-million add-on. ‘That’s two million, that’s half a million.’ I just want to park outside the house, but you can’t get anywhere. It’s frightening. Even garages are going for £500,000. Parking spaces are £250,000.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/robbie-williams-im-worth-100m-but-house-prices-in-london-are-frightening-8360195.html

whilst I respect your right to an opinion.....his charisma comes from hype and showmanship?...whereever I have seen him on stage with others, the hype comes first followed by a lot of screaming and then a dissapointing lull....compared to real talent, like Shirley Bassey or Singing Sid Rumpo....he is as good as I am.....maybe a bit better than me.....

For showmanship, gotta look at people like The Artist formerly Known as Prince, Bruce Forsythe, and even the judges on Simply.

Shirley Bassey manages to just shout at every song she ever does...Now Prince, he can play 20 something instruments...Angels is possibly the worst song ever written...that along with "Hole Again" by that Cash Lady woman & others...

Shirley Bassey manages to just shout at every song she ever does...Now Prince, he can play 20 something instruments...Angels is possibly the worst song ever written...that along with "Hole Again" by that Cash Lady woman & others...

Are the rumours about Shirley Bassey true?

Prince is an unmitigated genius. And nutcase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_cLJ19HMg

She certainly does. Shes a belter....not so good these days, but the magic is still just about there.

Tom Jones is a showman..and level headed too.

For me, Robbie just doesnt have that magic.