House Price Crash Forum
longtomsilver

Mum Sells Everything And Buys A House.

She said: 'The way I see it is I pay £900 a month on rent with bills on top and if I move into a house my mortgage would be half that.

So, what about mortgage with bill?

Edited by Monkey

So, what about mortgage with bill?

.....numberwang.

What about mortgage that's actually capital repayment? Actually, that's probably unfair - IO's about as likely as that story is to be real

You've got to feel sorry for her, though. That's why I get so angry with the VIs who use this site to peddle their wares...... debt.

How clouded must a person's judgement be to suppose that going 'all in' to get a place, when you cannot afford to furnish it properly [with the caveat about accuracy] represents a sound decision. No contingency funds, nothing. Crazy stuff.

She sold each of her 30 pairs for £10, and raised £300 towards her total.

30 pairs of shoes? Thirty. Pairs. Of. Shoes!!!

Wonder what the depreciation was on those? Will it be more or less on her new asset?

Hang on. She appears to be wearing.... a pair of shoes. One heal coquettishly raised for the photo. I thought she sold them all. The minx.

Pure made up story. Probably has a friend who works in 'journalism'. Or is a media tart. I wonder how her fiancé feels about her selling 'everything' :blink:

Is it the IT bod from Bath? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-13345829

http://www.citybathcoll.ac.uk/news-and-events/news-archive/international-students-and-adult-learning/colleges-star-student-lands-national-adult-learners-week-award.html

Or

The beautician from Miss Francesca Beautique. https://www.facebook.com/MissFrancescaBeautique

Why doesn't somebody giver her a ring and ask? :lol:

Well, her experience with flogging a load of old shit for half what she paid for it should come in handy in a couple of years.

'The only downside is that I didn’t get half as much as what they were worth but you just want to make sure you can get what you can.'

Software engineer Fran Bunce was desperate to get on the property ladder but was unable to scrape together a deposit.

She said: 'The way I see it is I pay £900 a month on rent with bills on top and if I move into a house my mortgage would be half of that.

'At the moment things are really tight because we are paying and saving, when we move into our new house we will have so much more money.

GIGO. GOGI.

Not over the longer term, when in the near term someone smarter than her buys a similar half for half-the-price. Or if and when mortgage rates rise.

She'll be well pissed off in five years time when interest rates are 6% and she sees new neighbours moving in who have paid half of what she paid for identical houses.

Pure made up story. Probably has a friend who works in 'journalism'. Or is a media tart. I wonder how her fiancé feels about her selling 'everything' :blink:

Is it the IT bod from Bath? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-13345829

http://www.citybathcoll.ac.uk/news-and-events/news-archive/international-students-and-adult-learning/colleges-star-student-lands-national-adult-learners-week-award.html

Or

The beautician from Miss Francesca Beautique. https://www.facebook.com/MissFrancescaBeautique

Why doesn't somebody giver her a ring and ask? :lol:

Good detective work.

I already smelt a rat when it stated "software engineer" yet "retrained as a beautician so she could work evenings and weekends"

No reason at all why a software engineer couldn't earn extra money in free time with the likes of eLance - or just tuition?

Of course the clincher was posing with shoes she "had sold". No doubt the new owners were prepared to wait 6 months for delivery...

How clouded must a person's judgement be to suppose that going 'all in' to get a place, when you cannot afford to furnish it properly [with the caveat about accuracy] represents a sound decision. No contingency funds, nothing. Crazy stuff.

But for older folks it made a lot of sense. Bring back HPI and kill the rentals market and it could do so again (though that would of course be a Very Bad Thing).

Davina McCall 's long lost little sister ?

+1 She really looks like Davina.

If she really is a software engineer, and if she is self-employed, 5k is one small project.

Or, if she's employed full time then a bit of work on the side (still talking about software development) could net the same.

Good detective work.

I already smelt a rat when it stated "software engineer" yet "retrained as a beautician so she could work evenings and weekends"

Tax credits?