House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Disco Dancing Vicar At Wedding

All I see is a load of people who bought dresses and suits with the INTENTION to lose some weight in time for the wedding

And no it's not just you. I'm a snob too.

I didn't watch it all the way through the first time.

I never got as far as the vicar gyrating down the aisle

I just have

I am speechless, I can't think of anything to say

I was expecting to be able to berate you all for being miserable sods...

But all I can say is oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear. I'm actually speechless at its sheer crapness.

What is really depressing is that they spent eight weeks rehearsing this 'performance'. So everyone in the place knew they were going to do it. It could surprise no-one, so was only for their own benefit. 'Look at us' - nothing more.

What is really depressing is that they spent eight weeks rehearsing this 'performance'. So everyone in the place knew they were going to do it. It could surprise no-one, so was only for their own benefit. 'Look at us' - nothing more.

The two women who walked out had the right idea.

They are now getting a 5 minute chat slot on the main Bbc news complete with live link to their honeymoon in the Seychelles :blink:

Have to say the first few people who did this sort of thing at their wedding reception years ago - i thought were pretty original and amusing.

However this is just lame.Not funny, not original, not well done.

Quite honestly rather boring imo.

They are now getting a 5 minute chat slot on the main Bbc news complete with live link to their honeymoon in the Seychelles :blink:

It is incredibly easy to get in the press

Of course there is only one that needs no publicity

Guest eight

The vicar of Dibley's got a lot to answer for!

More specifically, Richard Curtis has a lot to answer for.

Why not like it?

I thought that removal of pathos and sacredness from one's life was all the rage in 21st century Britain (till this island is taken over by the growing bunch who never joke about pathos).

The kindly, quiet dignity of the vicar of my parent's village (which is in it's way very much like Dibley) seems a long way away from that.

I guess it's what you might expect from the Facebook generation, a wedding has always been an opportunity to say "Look at me" for some. In the past the vicar would have been quietly tolerant of this human frailty though, not aiding and abetting and saying "Look at me too".

Guest eight

The kindly, quiet dignity of the vicar of my parent's village (which is in it's way very much like Dibley) seems a long way away from that.

I guess it's what you might expect from the Facebook generation, a wedding has always been an opportunity to say "Look at me" for some. In the past the vicar would have been quietly tolerant of this human frailty though, not aiding and abetting and saying "Look at me too".

When your main products not going very well you either diversify or find yourself with an ever dwindling number of punters. He chose the former.

Maybe the church just needed the money?

Why not like it?

I thought that removal of pathos and sacredness from one's life was all the rage in 21st century Britain (till this island is taken over by the growing bunch who never joke about pathos).

Because its been done so many times before.

If people want to do something 'different' - then they should at least do something different !

Reminds me of seeing a group of girls on a hen night with devil horns on.. .

I assume the vicars is big pals with the bride.

Having got married recently I can assure you nothing went on like that at my wedding.

Because its been done so many times before.

If people want to do something 'different' - then they should at least do something different !

Reminds me of seeing a group of girls on a hen night with devil horns on.. .

What happened when you saw the girls? Did you get your horn on you old devil?

What happened when you saw the girls? Did you get your horn on you old devil?

Hen nights make me floppy.

Nothing less attractive than a large group of loud burds trying to act like men.

The one good point was that at least the bride was relatively easy on the eye.

Somewhat different to my own wedding. The vicar asked if we wanted to do the 'kiss the bride' thing at the end (which is not in the Prayer Book service) and seemed very relieved when we said no.

I also hate the spontaneous applause at the end of weddings nowadays. I was brought up to believe you shouldn't clap in church because a service is not a 'performance' in the way a play or a concert is. I wouldn't clap at a wedding any more than I would at a funeral (unless I really hated the deceased...)

I will now go back to my armchair and my Daily Telegraph. :angry: