House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Itv's Exclusive Video Of "infamous" Liam Byrne's Treasury Hand-Over Note

ITV West Country has exclusive video of that "infamous Treasury memo", Liam Byrne's handover note "I'm afraid there is no money" :

Video: http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2013-06-24/exclusive-video-of-infamous-treasury-memo/

One of the famous handover notes in political history - bearing the phrase "I'm afraid there is no money" - which was given to Yeovil MP David Laws at the start of the new Coalition Government will be shown for the first time on ITV News West Country tonight.

That note has never before been seen in public but today Mr Laws, the former Chief Secretary to the Treasury, showed it exclusively to our political correspondent Bob Constantine.

For the whole story tune in at 6pm tonight on ITV.

They must broadcast that on the national news too, surely.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Vote Labour an you can have the odious little man back in power.

Though a silver lining would be to see Labour trying to govern without money, or credit. :D Besides, they would spook the market so much that we could have our HPC within weeks of them wining.

Shite, I better stop, or I'll end up talking myself into voting Labour! :ph34r::lol:

Though a silver lining would be to see Labour trying to govern without money, or credit. :D Besides, they would spook the market so much that we could have our HPC within weeks of them wining.

Shite, I better stop, or I'll end up talking myself into voting Labour! :ph34r::lol:

I agree. In retrospect it might have been better all round if Gordon had won the last election, although we surely have the same groups pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Vote Labour an you can have the odious little man back in power "office."

Corrected for you.

You don't think any of these idiots, actually run anything do you?

I agree. In retrospect it might have been better all round if Gordon had won the last election,

Probably.

although we surely have the same groups pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Yep, the unholy alliance of bankers and voters demanding support for house prices - above all else.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

vote UKIP and get the reply.

"you left us without any money, so we've just mortgaged your kids"

..all debts get repaid.

That is my plan .. mind already made up .. the conservatives will not do what they need to do .. so we need Labour to come in .. not because they will do the right thing but their governance will force a market correction that is needed..

That is my plan .. mind already made up .. the conservatives will not do what they need to do .. so we need Labour to come in .. not because they will do the right thing but their governance will force a market correction that is needed..

If the tories won't do it on purpose labour will have to do it by mistake

In my constituency, the sitting MP is a Conservative with a majority of under 3,000. Despite not mentioning the policy at all on his blog, he has expressed his unequivocal support for "Help to Buy" in private correspondence with me. I challenged him to make his view public, to no avail.

He is toast, in all likelihood imo, and he well knows it hence publicly distancing himself from the disaster that is HTB while being a compliant follower of the party line in private.

It will not take many seats like this to get Miliband into Downing St.

Exclusive video of infamous Treasury memo

Last updated Mon 24 Jun 2013

UK

David Laws

One of the famous handover notes in political history ..............

It would have been better if they'd been consistent and stuck with the "infamous". The use of "famous" is a bit too congratulatory and approving as well as sounding unconcerned and disinterested. The Treasury letter was joking about national bankruptcy and ruin - other people's money they'd managed to squander.

Edited by billybong

I am in absolutely no doubt at all:

Gordon Idiot-Brown - Labour Chancellor for 10 years - & "Prime Minister" for 3 years - was a CATASTROPHE for this country.

He allowed the Banksters to do what they liked -- And so they RAPED, PILLAGED & committed the Greatest Fraud in All History in this country [& the world]...

And we are now going to have to clear up the mess.....

Our future hangs in the balance...

It will take DECADES -- DECADES for the mess to be cleared up IF we are lucky......

AND, in ACTUALITY - TOTAL RUIN hangs over us like the proverbial Sword of Damocles....................

AND WHO ARE THE MAIN PERPETRATORS WHO LIE BEHIND THIS TOTAL CATASTROPHE.....?

YUP - YOU'VE GUESSED IT.......

F*****G BANKSTERS.

Edited by eric pebble

It would have been better if they'd been consistent and stuck with the "infamous". The use of "famous" is a bit too congratulatory and approving as well as sounding unconcerned and disinterested. The Treasury letter was joking about national bankruptcy and ruin - other people's money they'd managed to squander.

Too much to ask.... :rolleyes:

I said at the time and I still say it that Byrnes should have been hung from the nearest lamppost for that note ....I would have pulled on that rope for free till I collapsed .....total scum bag who has no idea how the general population toils away to keep the family fed....