House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

30% Off

Every time I go to buy something expensive, a little searching about seems to get me 30% off.

e.g.

Brand new car - 30% off

Car insurance - 30% off

Phone contract - 30% off

Child car sear - 30% off

Car hire on holiday - Only 15% off :-(

Do we have deflation for anyone who is willing to haggle/research/buy ?

If prices shoot up 30% i'll be well miffed :lol:

The only thing I can't 30% off of, at the moment, is somewhere to live. :blink:

Every time I go to buy something expensive, a little searching about seems to get me 30% off.

e.g.

Brand new car - 30% off

Car insurance - 30% off

Phone contract - 30% off

Child car sear - 30% off

Only things I can't get 30% off are food and utilities. Despite comparing rates and prices. Still, it's not as if I need them every day, is it? X(

Food offer leaflet....Big Summer Deals....many items HALF PRICE.....then you look at what the normal full price is and vow never to shop in that over priced store....the half price price looks like what the normal retail price should be and is in other places. ;)

Only things I can't get 30% off are food and utilities. Despite comparing rates and prices. Still, it's not as if I need them every day, is it? X(

Saying that, I'm getting 10% off every shop in Waitrose at the moment B)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4067865&page=1

Why shop with the Bulgarians when it's cheaper to shop with the Lords and ladies ( no offense meant to either class of shopper ).

Who are the mugs paying full whack ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Watchdog last week was mentioning that places like B&Q were using yo-yo pricing. Someone had bought a kitchen at "normal" prices then a sale started he went in to find how much he would have saved with 20% or 30% in the sale and found it would have cost him more.

Watchdog last week was mentioning that places like B&Q were using yo-yo pricing. Someone had bought a kitchen at "normal" prices then a sale started he went in to find how much he would have saved with 20% or 30% in the sale and found it would have cost him more.

That is likely, it's the DFS effect.

It's best to compare one set of prices with a competitors though.

e.g.

Brand new car - 30% off

Car insurance - 30% off

Phone contract - 30% off

Child car sear - 30% off

Just the 30% ?

I've posted a couple of times since January that I have been getting 60% off items that I was quoted a price for last year, but didn't buy. Original quote values ranged between 15-30k excl VAT. I have bought at 60% off as it represented value.

I'm seeing biflation, if that's the correct term.

Edited by LiveinHope

I get more than a few emails from Eurocarparts, who seem to be perpetually offering an improbable sounding discount on some section of their stock, often at least 30%, was 50% on service items a couple of weeks ago IIRC. Suspicious.

I use them and compared to some of their competitors they seem cheap, even without the discount !!!

The discount usually applies to "orders over..." and I'd use them for sure.

I use them and compared to some of their competitors they seem cheap, even without the discount !!!

The discount usually applies to "orders over..." and I'd use them for sure.

I do use them, but I'm not sure the already cheap prices are subject to the sort of discounts suggested in some of their emails. As you say, they are cheap enough already.

Toyota fuel filter, £40 at dealer, under £8 at ECP, delivered free. No brainer.

e.g.

Brand new car - 30% off

Car insurance - 30% off

Phone contract - 30% off

Child car sear - 30% off

I managed to get...

Brand new car - 22% off

Car Insurance - 25% off

Phone contract - 50% off

Holiday apartment rental - 35% off

Somewhere to live - up 2.5% over the last seven years.

That doesn't look like inflation to me.

We live in deflationary times.

I get more than a few emails from Eurocarparts, who seem to be perpetually offering an improbable sounding discount on some section of their stock, often at least 30%, was 50% on service items a couple of weeks ago IIRC. Suspicious.

If you want to save on Eurocarparts just use www.carparts4less.co.uk (same company, same products, lower price). They are just covering a different price point and not ploughing marketing into it and letting organic marketing do the trick on that. So yet, another one.

I used them a few months ago for a pollen filter and an air filter for the wife's car. At a fiver each they were about 25% of genuine manufacturers parts and indistinguishable from them.

If you want to save on Eurocarparts just use www.carparts4less.co.uk (same company, same products, lower price). They are just covering a different price point and not ploughing marketing into it and letting organic marketing do the trick on that. So yet, another one.

Nice one, thanks for that. And I though ECP was about as low as it could go.

I'll be expecting a decent car insurance discount this year.

Another good idea is to download one these bar code scanner apps for your phone

Quite shocking the price differences of some things you scan it show you the price and what store or website its at

Nice one, thanks for that. And I though ECP was about as low as it could go.

I'll be expecting a decent car insurance discount this year.

I have to say my 30% discount came from doing an multi-car policy.

But my insurance was 30% cheaper than the year before.

Thanks. I normally go straight to Eurocarparts because they are close and used to be the cheapest.

Just ordered a balljoint for £10.08 delivered. Instead of £15 at eurocarparts. So 33% saved :)

I used them a few months ago for a pollen filter and an air filter for the wife's car. At a fiver each they were about 25% of genuine manufacturers parts and indistinguishable from them.

It was quite possibly made in the same factory too. The funnyiest thing about the Toyota fuel filter price was they didn't even have one in stock at their elevated prices. High cost and more hassle, it was an easy decision to avoid buying one!

I have to say my 30% discount came from doing an multi-car policy.

But my insurance was 30% cheaper than the year before.

The wife hit 4 years NCB last year and went to Aviva on a good value cashback deal (£80 IIRC) via Quidco, that dropped her policy cost under £200, until we moved nearer Liverpool at least, which slapped £100 on top). I didn't yet have the minimum 4 year NCB (not because of a smash, I just haven't owned for that long) so couldn't consider it. Maybe this year I'll be able to join her at Aviva or elsewhere to take advantage of a multicar deal, the Aviva deal was good enough to make us break up our previous multicar policy with Admiral. Admiral seem to be consisently the cheapest for my sort of chav motor so I dunno what will happen. With a nipper on the way, approximately aligned with insurance renewal dates, I might put mine on a limited mileage policy if I can retain my NCB as it'll be used very little with Mrs cheeznbreed at home too. That ought to make a big difference.

It gives one a fuzzy feeling of optimism knowing a lower bill is coming your way for a change.

Edited by cheeznbreed

Incredible, thanks for posting.

+1

What's the app called please? Can see myself having fun with that one, when Mrs Buzz is dragging me round the shops at the weekend. She'll only do it once!! :)

I find black circles are usually cheapest for tyres.

They also have a descent selection.

Just speak to you local garage first, then have them delivered there.

They'll happily fit them and just charge for fitting and balancing.

+1

What's the app called please? Can see myself having fun with that one, when Mrs Buzz is dragging me round the shops at the weekend. She'll only do it once!! :)

As mrtickle said the app is called red laser think there few different ones it does get a bit addictive scanning stuff just to see the difference