House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Best "catch All" Email Address?

Just revamped a site, but I'm rethinking the best way of using an initial "catch all" email address...most use either info@, sales@ or enquiries@...do these usually work, is there a better (or quirky?) alternative?

Just revamped a site, but I'm rethinking the best way of using an initial "catch all" email address...most use either info@, sales@ or enquiries@...do these usually work, is there a better (or quirky?) alternative?

noreply@

I use info@...

sales@ sounds too pushy and is obviously focused only on one function of the business

enquiries@... sadly many people get it wrong if you tell them it over the phone - they can't spell "inquiries" :rolleyes:

Alternatively, how about help@ or customerservice@ ?

I use info@...

sales@ sounds too pushy and is obviously focused only on one function of the business

enquiries@... sadly many people get it wrong if you tell them it over the phone - they can't spell "inquiries" :rolleyes:

Alternatively, how about help@ or customerservice@ ?

That was my thought about enquries, esp. if its on the side of a van / truck...

I never set up "catch all" email addresses because they increase the amount of spam mail that you get.

Sales@ is probably the most common one to go for.

You might also have a webmaster@ which you put in your DNS records as the "responsible mail address" and if you want to get an SSL certificate for your site from Thawte you can speed it up by auto-authenticating the request against a number of set addresses of which webmaster@ is one.

If only one person ever checks the mail then have webmaster@ forward to sales@.