House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Bondholders Would Lose More Than $1 Trillion If Yields Spike - Bis

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/06/23/uk-economy-global-bis-idUKBRE95M08020130623

Bondholders in the United States alone would lose more than $1 trillion (648 billion pounds) if yields leap, showing how urgent it is for governments to put their finances in order, the Bank for International Settlements said on Sunday.

The Basel-based BIS lambasted firms and households as well as the public sector for not making good use of the time bought by ultra-loose monetary policy, which it said had ended up creating new financial strains and delaying rather than encouraging necessary economic adjustments.

The BIS, a grouping of central banks, was one of the few organisations to foresee the global financial crisis that erupted in 2008.

So that naturally means every single head of the worlds leading central banks knew!

Still good to see we are getting the propaganda out to keep on printing.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/06/23/uk-economy-global-bis-idUKBRE95M08020130623

So that naturally means every single head of the worlds leading central banks knew!

Still good to see we are getting the propaganda out to keep on printing.

so the bank of international settlements does not have anything to do at all,whatsoever with the rest of the corporate political/media etc???...I don't buy that.

I'm of the firm belief that he who smelt it dealt it.

they can complain all they like about the awful stench in the room, and look at everybody else quizzically, perhaps muttering a few references about one "target" in particular to take the guilt away, but I think they are barking up the wrong tree this time.

I employ similar tactics when dropping one on crowded trains,it's highly amusing until you get caught out!

so the bank of international settlements does not have anything to do at all,whatsoever with the rest of the corporate political/media etc???...I don't buy that.

I'm of the firm belief that he who smelt it dealt it.

they can complain all they like about the awful stench in the room, and look at everybody else quizzically, perhaps muttering a few references about one "target" in particular to take the guilt away, but I think they are barking up the wrong tree this time.

I employ similar tactics when dropping one on crowded trains,it's highly amusing until you get caught out!

Not sure I get it? Why would a settlement body be the instigator of anything ? Are they big players in terms of direction ?

Edited by Sir Harold m

Bondholders Would Lose More Than $1 Trillion If Yields Spike

The way I see it, if bondholders lose value, as some have done in recent weeks as some holders have sold holdings at lower prices, and yields crept up - other investment classes likely to lose much more. The bondholders will have to go after the debtors, and politicians forced to find ways to raise revenue to pay the higher treasury/git yields demanded by the market.

"As foreign and domestic banks would be among those experiencing the losses, interest rate increases pose risks to the stability of the financial system if not executed with great care," the BIS said.

Surely this is the wrong way around ?

Yields spiking would not be the cause - it would be the effect.