House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DeepLurker

Font Size Crash

Something I've noticed around my way (St Albans). Estate Agents' signs used to read 'SOLD S.T.C.' with all the letters in the same font. Over the last year or so, the 'S.T.C.' bit has got progressively smaller and smaller, to the point where it's virtually invisible.

Have Estate Agents run out of large fonts? Are they having to cut back on the amount of ink in order to save money? Or is there another explanation [1]?

[1] I have one, but surely not? The majority of houses here go STC, then straight back on the market when the banks say "no way we're lending you £350k to buy THAT!". In order to hide the shortage of 'SOLD' signs and to maintain the illusion of a buoyant market, estate agents are deliberately blurring the distinction between 'SOLD' and 'SOLD S.T.C.'. But that would imply a degree of deceitfulness on their part, so it can't be that!

IMG_0955.jpg

post-18286-0-90183900-1371985220_thumb.jpg

Something I've noticed around my way (St Albans). Estate Agents' signs used to read 'SOLD S.T.C.' with all the letters in the same font. Over the last year or so, the 'S.T.C.' bit has got progressively smaller and smaller, to the point where it's virtually invisible.

Your attached picture shows a disgusting, outrageous level of dishonesty - I assume the tiny blur I can't read is "S.T.C" in a minuscule size?

Your attached picture shows a disgusting, outrageous level of dishonesty - I assume the tiny blur I can't read is "S.T.C" in a minuscule size?

If I'd seen the picture in isolation to the thread, I'd swear that blur was simply a speck of dirt..

That's fantastic.

It leads me to believe that it is a legal requirement to state STC, or they wouldn't have it on the sign at all.

In that case I suspect that sign won't conform to the regulations, since it doesn't actually say STC technically if you can't read it. Someone looking at that sign who regulates such things would no doubt conclude it is not appropriate and should be replaced with the correct wording.

Someone should report the agency to whoever oversees such things.

If it is NOT a legal requirement to put STC on the sign then they are plainly deranged.

Have Estate Agents run out of large fonts? Are they having to cut back on the amount of ink in order to save money? Or is there another explanation [1]?

Eric Pebble has stolen all their large capital letters.

Seriously though, it's just the latest attempt by EAs to maintain their status as the lowest, most venal trade.