House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Payg Help Please

I'm on 3. They're crap but I like the deal. Top up £10 and get texts, internet and calls free. I've never used all the texts etc - am fairly light user.

Would like to take my number with me rather than get a new one but need to change because 3 is awful round here - can't get a signal outside hospital, on friend's street, etc etc ...

Because signal is shit my phone runs down fast as its searching for a mast ... and then it goes into power saving mode which means I have no phone use at all as 3 has no 2g signal at all...

So - either O2 or giffgaff - but I want to be able to put £10 on an it still be there in 6 months if I've not used it up.

I'm on 3. They're crap but I like the deal. Top up £10 and get texts, internet and calls free. I've never used all the texts etc - am fairly light user.

Would like to take my number with me rather than get a new one but need to change because 3 is awful round here - can't get a signal outside hospital, on friend's street, etc etc ...

Because signal is shit my phone runs down fast as its searching for a mast ... and then it goes into power saving mode which means I have no phone use at all as 3 has no 2g signal at all...

So - either O2 or giffgaff - but I want to be able to put £10 on an it still be there in 6 months if I've not used it up.

That did make me laugh.

So you like the cheap price but not the crap service.

Hmmmmmm.

That did make me laugh.

So you like the cheap price but not the crap service.

Hmmmmmm.

When I was on my hols on the cliffs in Cornwall I had 100% service all the time!

It is only in Oldham I've found it crap. I know the other option is to move.

When I was on my hols on the cliffs in Cornwall I had 100% service all the time!

It is only in Oldham I've found it crap. I know the other option is to move.

I had a really good level of service and customer service on 3 some years ago, I have to say. There was a breakdown but they sorted it.

I wasn't aware they now do free internet if I top up a tenner. How much free internet do they give?

I had a really good level of service and customer service on 3 some years ago, I have to say. There was a breakdown but they sorted it.

I wasn't aware they now do free internet if I top up a tenner. How much free internet do they give?

Its only a few hundred mb,.

I've had the phone for years but it's let me down so many times when I've needed to actually make a phone call that I just have to let it go.

I've had it eat credit when it thinks it's roaming cos it can't find a signal. 2 phones I've had it in.

They've always given me some back but it really has to go!

Can't see what you get for £10 - but for £25 its:

Every time you top-up you get all this free stuff that lasts for 45 days:

Top-up amount Plus free texts Plus free mobile internet Plus free 3-to-3 calls

£25+ 1000 150 Mb Unlimited

I think I get 200 free texts, 150mb internet and 50 mins free calls.

But I'm not planning on giving them any more money!

I'm on Flat12 plan

http://support.three.co.uk/srvs/cgi-bin/webisapi.dll?command=new,kb=mobile,ts=mobile,t=article,varset_cat=payasyougo,varset_subcat=4124,case=obj(4099),varset_username=Mobile:mobileUser%3fs_search=helpsearch

Apparently cos I joined before 2009...

I signed up for T-Mobile's offer last September.

£10 PAYG, no expiry and 12 months free internet. Still have the original £10 on the phone.

I only do e-mails on the go*, but do quite a few. In 10 years I've probably only spent ~ £200 on mobile calls and texts on any phone.

Is there anything current that would suit me ?

*I'm often amazed at what business matters people broadcast in train carriages.

It's an old phone maybe a new(ish) phone will get you on the 3G network with 3 in your area? Can you borrow one to see.

I have no issues with 3s coverage.

It's an old phone maybe a new(ish) phone will get you on the 3G network with 3 in your area? Can you borrow one to see.

I have no issues with 3s coverage.

I think it's nokia n8 I've got.

The old phone was the same.

The woman at 3 reckoned it might be the sim but you have to sit on the phone and go though loads of stuff with thm before they send a new sim. So really can't be arsed.

Hve been given. Gffaff sim ! :-)

I am on giffgaff which can be used for payg data, 20p for 20mb on a daily bassis. Punitive costs above that though. An option id you don't want monthly top ups for contract type service.

What about ovivo? Free, apparently. Apart from selling your soul to see adverts that is.

I am on giffgaff which can be used for payg data, 20p for 20mb on a daily bassis. Punitive costs above that though. An option id you don't want monthly top ups for contract type service.

What about ovivo? Free, apparently. Apart from selling your soul to see adverts that is.

Never heard of them.

I really don't use the phone much - certainly don't use internet on it. It requires reading glasses so am unable to swap them about unless I'm sat down comfy somewhere so mostly don't ever bother.

Tesco mobile do some good sim only deals and use 02`s network they also do some good contracts for the sim only

To keep your number just ring your current provider and ask for your PAC number and then pass it on to the new provider

To keep your number just ring your current provider and ask for your PAC number and then pass it on to the new provider

Three asked why I was leaving. I told them and told them not to bother looking into it.