House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

More Than A Third Of Women Worldwide Will Experience Physical Or Sexual Violence At Some Point In Their Lives

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2345551/More-THIRD-women-worldwide-experience-physical-sexual-violence-point-lives.html

More than a THIRD of women worldwide will experience physical or sexual violence at some point in their lives

Study by World Health Organisation found that intimate partner violence is the most common type of assault, affecting 30% of females

Consequences of violence range from broken bones to pregnancy-related complications, mental problems and impaired social functioning

Experts say that 'urgent intervention is needed to address the underlying causes of this global health problem'

And on the opposite what about the stats for men?

Philip Cook’s book Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence offers an account of the politics of statistics across four decades of research on intimate partner violence, chronicling the ways in which the battering of men is overlooked and under-discussed. Cook points out that women make up 20% of domestic violence arrests and, in the reissued version of the book released in 2009, shows how these figures have changed over time, reflecting reporting practices rather than a dramatic increase in the levels of violence. Cook cites a survey sponsored by the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration of abused women seeking shelter in Kentucky found that among violent couples, 38% of attacks were by ones where women reported that they had initiated a violent act.

http://thefeministwire.com/2013/03/feminist-anxiety-about-domestic-violence-against-men/

WHO gets it wrong on domestic violence

• Contrary to the claims by the World Health Organisation (and the basis of the biased coverage of the Lawson-Saatchi neck-holding incident), it is not women but men who are predominantly the victims not only of within-sex (obviously) but also of between-sex violence.* Peer-reviewed major research shows that women perpetrate 70% of unilateral (non-reciprocal) intimate-partner (domestic) violence [iPV(DV)], twice the frequency of assaults in mutual (reciprocal) IPV (DV), and between three and six times as much IPV(DV) when it is at serious levels. Furthermore, peer-reviewed research also shows that women choose physical violence as the preferred form of aggression in intimate partnerships, whereas men avoid choosing physical violence in any scenario where a female would be the target. That women (and girls) perpetrate at least as much IPV (DV), and likely more or much more than do men, is revealed by Prof Fiebert's annotated bibliography of ALL studies and reviews of IPV(DV) where perpetration and victimisation are examined re both sexes; and this is the prevailing view within the academic research community (as opposed to mere advocacy research). Despite the disparities between men and women in both upper-body strength and body-frame weakness meaning that there should be a 20:1 sex-differential in injury rates through IPV(DV) if violence was symmetrical (of comparable levels) -- research by Linda Dixon of the University of Birmingham -- then given that the sex-differential is either non-existent or barely significant (not even 2:1), reveals the reality of IPV (DV) to be totally at odds with how bodies such as the UN and WHO persistently portray it. * certainly in the Western world, and most likely also in the under-developed world because of the proximity of extended family and much closer integration of the household in the wider community leading to very common third-party violence towards men acting as proxy for females.

http://stevemoxon.blogspot.co.uk/

This country is now on the brink of serious moral collapse. We must stop demonising men and start healing the rift that feminism has created between men and women.

Harriet Harman's insidious and manipulative philosophy that women are always victims and men always oppressors can only continue this unspeakable cycle of violence. And it's our children who will suffer.

Erin Pizzey.

Ok, so 33% of the female population have been abused.

I wonder what percentage of the male population is doing the abusing - I'd guess well under 33%. I'd guess that the abusive percentage of men have qualities that women are very much attracted to, and have more than their fair share of women.

I'd guess that the abusive percentage of men are minuscule compared to the blokes who women wouldn't think of going anywhere near because they are 'too nice' or just don't 'do' it for them.

Case in point when you have the country's 'domestic goddess', lusted after up and down the land, with an old man who strangles her in public.

Female attraction is an odd thing innit.

I wonder what percentage of the male population is doing the abusing - I'd guess well under 33%. I'd guess that the abusive percentage of men have qualities that women are very much attracted to, and have more than their fair share of women.

I'd guess that the abusive percentage of men are minuscule compared to the blokes who women wouldn't think of going anywhere near because they are 'too nice' or just don't 'do' it for them.

Case in point when you have the country's 'domestic goddess', lusted after up and down the land, with an old man who strangles her in public.

Eye-gouge victim Tina Nash's new boyfriend on assault charge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22982344

"The new boyfriend of Tina Nash, whose former partner was jailed for life for gouging out her eyes, is facing a charge of attacking her.

[...]

Ms Nash has written a book to help other victims of domestic violence and to highlight the help that is available"

--

unlucky in her choice of partners?

I would tend to agree. The tragic thing is when they have children and the children have to witness, or worse have abuse inflicted on them.

Most of 'em say they like a bad boy I wish they'd make their chuffin minds up.

Similar double standards exist with sex toys. She gets a 'Rabbit' and it's to keep her happy like Carrie in Sex And The City when Big's away. If you said you're building a w*nking machine in the shed for when she's away on work see how that flies.

Another one, you'll both be watching telly and she'll say 'ooo Michael Buble if I was a single woman yadda yadda'. The Fall comes on and you say 'Gillian Anderson I've always wanted to plough her into next week' and you'll get indignation and days of 'I really can't see what you see in her', 'what's she got that I haven't'.

Having thought about it, frankly, I'm surprised it's only a third.

Most of 'em say they like a bad boy I wish they'd make their chuffin minds up.

Similar double standards exist with sex toys. She gets a 'Rabbit' and it's to keep her happy like Carrie in Sex And The City when Big's away. If you said you're building a w*nking machine in the shed for when she's away on work see how that flies.

Another one, you'll both be watching telly and she'll say 'ooo Michael Buble if I was a single woman yadda yadda'. The Fall comes on and you say 'Gillian Anderson I've always wanted to plough her into next week' and you'll get indignation and days of 'I really can't see what you see in her', 'what's she got that I haven't'.

Having thought about it, frankly, I'm surprised it's only a third.

:lol: What kind of parts would you need to buy for that then?

Well the basic program is sound, breed with the strongest most dominant males, only problem is that the program is obsolete in an over populated finite resource world, many women have not caught on though, they can`t turn it off, men are far better at modifying their behaviours and drives IMO.

Saying physical OR sexual violence is casting a very big net, I think the definition is probably too broad for the stats to tell you anything useful

As is so often the way with these studies, banding trivial stuff with real horror stories makes it meaningless.

There was one last year saying about 80% of teachers suffered abuse. This included within that definition verbal abuse as well as the nasty classroom assaults, again making it totally meaningless.

Ditto disabled stats. Branding 10 million or whatever "in some way" disabled means everybody thinks "rubbish" and switches off.

All of these studies fail to serve the people who are genuinely suffering by chucking in minor stuff in order to come up with a big number that isn't believed.

+1

Step forward anyone who doesn't know a woman who left one abusive partner, only to shack up with another...

PS edit to add: no, I'm not saying that women are 'asking for it'. I think that for most victims of domestic abuse it's a horrible experience. But I'm equally sure that a minority of women move from one tosser to another, keep reporting themselves as victims, and distort the stats.

+1

Step forward anyone who doesn't know a woman who left one abusive partner, only to shack up with another...

PS edit to add: no, I'm not saying that women are 'asking for it'. I think that for most victims of domestic abuse it's a horrible experience. But I'm equally sure that a minority of women move from one tosser to another, keep reporting themselves as victims, and distort the stats.

Someone I know had been very viciously attacked by her ex. She got back with him despite him doing time and her being in a house he's not supposed to know where she is. She's not with him now but fills her time being really nasty and stealing off pensioners.

+1

Some like the "bad lads", the hard-of-thinking type with a short fuse who are quick with their fists. Then seem surprised when it's their turn.

It's certainly not "asking for it" but it is a flaw in their make-up.

As is so often the way with these studies, banding trivial stuff with real horror stories makes it meaningless.

Indeed, the net is spread so wide here that I'm surprised that it's not close to 100%.

Indeed, the net is spread so wide here that I'm surprised that it's not close to 100%.

Indeed. Isn't shouting at her just before she reverses into a lamp-post, and giving her a good verbal after, in these days termed "abuse"? Not giving her money on demand is also "abuse", or so I heard. What about the abuse men suffer when she opts for the moody sulk 'n sniff and outright tetchiness once a month, or whenever you've left the toilet seat up?

I wached QT on iPlayer last night and caught Harman's ridiculous claims thatBanks would be better run and less agressive if they were run by women, who 'co-operate'.

No-one picked her up on a recent example of female 'co-operation' at management level - the cover up over the failure to prevent baby deaths by the NHS Care Quality Commission.

I'm not having a go at women. But a lot of what is presented as 'feminism' is plain sexist misandry.

As for the detestable Harman, i would feel sorry for her husband - except, well, jhe's that famous female MP Jack Dromey, so they deserve each other.

I'm not having a go at women. But a lot of what is presented as 'feminism' is plain sexist misandry.

If you meet someone who is big into 'feminism', you can be 99% sure that they have a problem with men. Most of it is not equality, it's about having a great big chip on your shoulder and trying to further the interests of your own sex regardless of the consequences.

Imagine if a male politician on QT said that blokes would be better at something because blokes have <insert positive personality trait here>, feminists up and down the country would be howling in anger.