House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollover

Tv Licence Fee Excuses Revealed

A homeowner said they did not think they had to pay their TV licence fee because they claimed their pet was related to one of the Queen's dogs.

Why would I need a TV licence for a TV I stole? Nobody knows I've got it

Only my three-year-old son watches the TV. Can you take it out of the family allowance I receive for him? He watches it so he should pay

I had not paid as I received a lethal injection

I don't want to pay for a licence for a full year. Knowing my luck I'll be dead in six months and won't get value for money

I have lost weight recently and had to buy new clothes. That's why I could not afford to buy a TV licence

Some of the excuses are simply hilarious whilst others show a great deal of imagination and creativity Link

Just wonder how many pay fine of up to £1,000.

How about;

"I refuse to fund the subversive propoganda machine of a political ideology I consider to be as monstrous as Naziism."

Reck B. Invoking Godwins on 21/06/2013.

How about "I'm not a homeowner or BTL landlord, so don't think the BBC's output or news bias applies to me."

Well done for moving this piece of BBC sourced, licence fee con promoting piece of crap news story, that has no place on the main forum.

Don't pay the licence fee.

Try

"A billion quid to move them into a shithole? Generous relocation packages averaging over 20 grand? A stick for the local estate agents to beat me with? And you want me to pay for it with absolutely no accountability?"

Sure, where do I sign...

This is like a tie-breaker. I refuse to pay my TV licence because.......

Assuming you're going to actually engage with them, admit to not having one and give an excuse, my best bet for mitigating losses on a trip to court would be 'I was molested by Jimmy Savile as a child'. £50 I would think is one of the lowest fines handed out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291025/Jimmy-Savile-I-wont-pay-TV-licence-I-abused-star-claims-woman.html