House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomandlu

Keiser On The Beeb

Seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23002310

Financial journalist Max Keiser recalled working in Wall Street when "greed was good" but said he believed that "standards in banking industry have collapsed".

He took aim at some of those in the financial markets after a parliamentary report on banking standards proposed jail sentences - and withholding bonuses - for those responsible for reckless misconduct.

Now a broadcaster with Russia Today, he gives his take on wrongdoing in banking in a personal film for BBC1's This Week aimed at the "banksters".

UK viewers have 12 months to watch the full programme - including the debate which followed this film - on iPlayer

"This Week" is quality, especially compared to many others on that pus riddled channel, and Max is inevitably good value. It is a shame it is after that awful "Question Time", with it's 3rd class panel and audience. I only generally catch the end of "QT" because it always over-runs.

Keiser on good form. Only 3 minutes and worth watching.

Yeah, thanks for posting.

Agree with regards to QT, too painful to endure a full episode, but these Russell Brand clips from the recent episode are worth a few minutes...

Brand at the Beeb

Neil : "He put all his money in gold and it crashed!"

#priceless

What a chump

Another great contribution.

Perhaps you should start your own abuse thread where you can carry out strange vendettas again Keiser, Sinclair etc and unnamed gold bugs who apparently annoy you a great deal?

For someone who doesn't own any gold, and has no intention of buying any you seem to have a curiously high level of emotional involvement with the yellow metal.

I can only presume as well that your investment record is 100% perfect with no failures or losses of any sort. Do you run a fund that people could invest in? I'm sure they would be clamouring to get in.

Edited by Errol

They were quite respectful of Keiser, Andrew Neil included. Johnson could not refer to his 'O' level text book so was quite out of his depth.

Keiser was in less of a rant mode, and he came over quite well.

BBC/Russia Today...same thing to many minds.;)

RT's probably much more balanced than the BBC if you accept they won't attack the Russian government.

The BBC were happy to report 1 million on the streets of Brazil but vast protests in EU Southern Europe over the last year were barely reported. If a million took the streets in the UK the Beeb would describe it as a 'few thousand' and show only pictures of anarchists smashing a couple of windows.

RT's probably much more balanced than the BBC if you accept they won't attack the Russian government.

The BBC were happy to report 1 million on the streets of Brazil but vast protests in EU Southern Europe over the last year were barely reported. If a million took the streets in the UK the Beeb would describe it as a 'few thousand' and show only pictures of anarchists smashing a couple of windows.

I see your sentiment but the BBC did actually report the riots a few years back. But they initially (and for a good 2 or three days) reported them as racial protests even when it was obvious it was just general chaos that was nothing to do with the murder of a black teen. Just about sums up the PC BBC for you.

If its climate change, they love it and only report the one side the pro global warming.

If it could be racist they report it as being so.

I could go on but I'm bored now. I don't subscribe to the BBC so I'm glad my money isn't being wasted.

BBC/Russia Today...same thing to many minds.;)

RT is more independent in its reporting than the BBC - and considerably less Marxist.

The whole position of Cameron and the BBC on Syria also bugs me - why on Earth are they trying to build sympathy for the rebels, who basically now seem to be no more than an offshoot of Al Qaeda.

RT is more independent in its reporting than the BBC - and considerably less Marxist.

The whole position of Cameron and the BBC on Syria also bugs me - why on Earth are they trying to build sympathy for the rebels, who basically now seem to be no more than an offshoot of Al Qaeda.

I don't think either side is neutral, RT definitely has its agenda too. By watching both you probably get a more rounded opinion. On the Syrian issue, got to agree with you.

We have got it so wrong for so long it beggars belief. A few months ago Hague was saying it was only a matter of time before Assad falls, his misreading of the situation has got swept under the carpet now.

Because taking Syria off the Middle East game board is what's important to a number of powerful vested interests. Throwing petrol onto the bonfire of a civil war by funneling in weapons is a nice easy way to work towards that end. Certainly much easier to get people to acquiesce to sending guns than it would be to con the public into supporting direct military strikes, that would require spending a lot more political capital.

The much hyped evil muslim bogeymen actually pose very little material threat to the West - it's just that they have been extensively bandied about in media scare stories in the past whenever TPTB want to relieve us of a few more of our civil liberties. Of course now you have the cognitive dissonance of giving our weapons to aforementioned bogeymen but I see that the media are doing sterling work in not dwelling too much on those issues and instead following the script of 'evil Syrian govt using WMDs'.

Portillo makes a good point along the lines of "the banks finances just fell off a cliff so how could everything they said to the shareholders before that happened have been correct. There must have been criminal offences in misleading shareholders but it was never looked into (apparently)".

Edited by billybong

Yeah, thanks for posting.

Agree with regards to QT, too painful to endure a full episode, but these Russell Brand clips from the recent episode are worth a few minutes...

Brand at the Beeb

Russell Brand seems to me to be a sincere bloke who genuinely think he has the answers. Unfortunately, he comes across to me as lacking real insight. He is useful to the BBC as he gets men's appreciation as a "down-to-earth honest bloke" and has than effect on women where they simultaneously want to both look after him like a son and have sex with him. As a result he can be the token freedom fighter, playing to the gallery, longing for a better world, but providing no real legitimate opposition to the status quo.

Edited by Norbert

Neil : "He put all his money in gold and it crashed!"

#priceless

What a chump

I get the distinct impression that messrs Keizer and Neil don't particularly like each other. I'm not much of a fan of Neil either - he never asks the questions that need asking, just allows the guests to spout their usual propaganda.