House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Today Is The First Day Of Summer.

Land registry sales volumes and prices for northants:

April 2013 135,000" down -0.2 month on month, up 0.3 year on year.

This matches prices from : June 2004 134,927

February 2013 569 ( for 2012 this was 618, i.e. sales dropping ).

Welcome to summer.

I guess if you take out london then the land registry would be well down.

When London prices collapse we will see significant drops.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Land registry sales volumes and prices for northants:

April 2013 135,000" down -0.2 month on month, up 0.3 year on year.

This matches prices from : June 2004 134,927

February 2013 569 ( for 2012 this was 618, i.e. sales dropping ).

Welcome to summer.

I guess if you take out london then the land registry would be well down.

When London prices collapse we will see significant drops.

It is very patchy at best and mostly the SE an London holding up the figures on their own. The bond time bomb is ticking - the interest rates are beginning to go up in markets. The stock market has noticed and is twitchy....

What happened to the spring bounce?

Failed again :lol:.

Average SE asking price ...

510K !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345436/Negative-equity-hits-1-7-North-West--just-111-homes-South-East.html

From October to December 2011, 3.3 per cent of mortgages in the South were in negative equity. By January to March this year, that fell by more than half to just 1.5 per cent.

In the South East, including London, where the average asking price is at an all-time high of £510,000, it is just 0.9 per cent, equal to one in 111 mortgages. But the problem is getting worse, not better, in the North, where house prices have been falling or stalling for years in many areas.

Eh?!! :huh:

Well with mortgage interest rates at an all time low there's probably never been a cheaper time to rent off the bank. A lot cheaper than renting off a landlord thats for sure.

And savings rates are also at an all time low so the days off paying your rent with your bank interest are long gone unfortunately.

And savings rates are also at an all time low so the days off paying your rent with your bank interest are long gone unfortunately.

Not so. The interest on the money that, had I bought, I would have had tied up in a house, still covers my rent.

Like it or not, people are paying for access to resources.

Or did people borrow massively on that assumption, and now are forced to put on ridiculous asking prices to break even? A ton of "homeowners" in London are going to get slaughtered as rates move up :lol:

Or did people borrow massively on that assumption, and now are forced to put on ridiculous asking prices to break even? A ton of "homeowners" in London are going to get slaughtered as rates move up :lol:

But when will they move up??! They seem superglued to the floor.

Well with mortgage interest rates at an all time low there's probably never been a cheaper time to rent off the bank. A lot cheaper than renting off a landlord thats for sure.

The first part is debateable. If you mean IO, that's one thing. The house I live in goes for approx £200k, that's £8k per annun captial repayment for 25 years, versus £9k per annum to rent.

Add interest, repairs, maintenance, and transaction costs and it'a no brainer, even with depressed rates.

Will depend where you live of course.

I don't mean to talk bull ( ;) ) but there's very little decent properties left on the market since spring in my areas in the SE. In particular a lack of 3 bed detached properties, which have all gone SSTC since Mar. There seems to be more available in the lower end of the market, but at higher prices than before :blink:

When China implodes? When the US starts raising? When any number of things happen in Europe? I wouldn`t want a massive mortgage in todays climate.

Yeah...but for all the crises that have happened over the last few years, Europe particularly, they've not led to a black swan-sequence event, nor really scratched house prices (excluding inflation argument). I WANT TO BELIEVE!! :)