House Price Crash Forum

This ad seems to be shown during most commercial breaks in the past few days. Is it that easy for a young couple who were living with their parents to buy a detached family house as their first purchase? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiN-cNJxvN0&feature=player_detailpage

-edit#1- Inserted Media

Edited by PricedOutNative

This ad seems to be shown during most commercial breaks in the past few days. Is it that easy for a young couple who were living with their parents to buy a detached family house as their first purchase? LOL

NatYes

company entirely dependent on convincing the young to succumb to a life of debt servitude directly implies the young have failed as a human being if they refuse to succumb to a life of debt servitude.

Scum.

1371766405[/url]' post='909344312']

NatYes

I'm glad I am not the only one that picked up on this. It's the emotive rhetoric that grips my sh1t. Like you can't have a baby until you have a great big detached house to bring him/her up in.

I know it shouldn't bother me, but to me the message of the advert gives the impression that unless you are that kid, you are worth less and that your parents don't love you enough to get a mortgage on a house. Emotional blackmail.

Since when did it descend to this? dry.gif

Round my way a house like that would be priced about 375k (maybe more) depending on condition. Hopefully the couple were loaded because the alternative explanations aren't pretty.

That brings back memories of this beauty from Ireland circa 2005-2006

You know the end is nigh when they get so explicit in their bullying of mortgage free young people.

company entirely dependent on convincing the young to succumb to a life of debt servitude directly implies the young have failed as a human being if they refuse to succumb to a life of debt servitude.

Plenty of couples embrace the debt willingly, hands-held in hope they'll get the debt from their banking masters. Read too many threads around the net recently for people wanting to 'borrow as much as possible' for a house.

Too many people here need to surrender to their big-mortgage debtor superiors. They deserve and are entitled to such houses via big debt.

Making of' NatYes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWygPzmScJU

Round my way a house like that would be priced about 375k (maybe more) depending on condition. Hopefully the couple were loaded because the alternative explanations aren't pretty.

It was filmed somewhere on location in the depths of Watford. Confirmed at two sources. Here's one source. Yay for the BGT mega-debt wanting drone clones. Perhaps someone else can estimate what such as house would cost in today's Funding-For-Lending market in Watford.

on location in Watford, the film airs during Saturday 1st June’s hugely popular Britain’s Got Talent programme.

http://lbbonline.com/news/natwest-rbs-the-house-that-built-jack/

I'd take a gamble it's probably this house. (Streetview). Very little sales activity on that road in recent years, but I guess has a market value of £300K-£340K, in this Help-To-Buy/FLS + many couples aching to get the mortgage debt market. Nothing up for sale in the postcode either.

cchz.jpg

Funny that these dead beats jump up and down when they get a yes for a mortgage application. I certainly didn't but I knew my personal finances were in order first. If they are subprime borrowers then government intervention doesn't change that.

I was also rather annoyed by the 'you need to have a big mortgage to be able to raise a child' angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiN-cNJxvN0&feature=player_detailpage

-edit#1- Inserted Media

They left out the bit where they hit the grandparents over the head with a spade and bury them in the garden.

Plenty of couples embrace the debt willingly, hands-held in hope they'll get the debt from their banking masters. Read too many threads around the net recently for people wanting to 'borrow as much as possible' for a house.

Too many people here need to surrender to their big-mortgage debtor superiors. They deserve and are entitled to such houses via big debt.

That is because house (actually land) prices always go up and there will be a bigger fool will take up a even bigger debt to buy that off them, probably on 0.5% interest mortgage sometimes in the future.

"comments are disabled for this video"

Funny that.

The Streetview piccie is spot on Venger, the RHS neighbour's Corolla can be seen in the advert.

there's a story here for a sympathetic journal to publish...it just needs to be written up by someone and passed to someone with a bank bashing, or anti help to buy agenda.

I'd take a gamble it's probably this house. (Streetview).

SNIP

cor.JPG

^The left hand side of the picture, the time stamp for the street view is November 2012

Christ- it is that Toyota!

The UK is going down. You'd think this is 1992, not 2013. People in £300-400K homes you'd think are driving new Beemers and VorsprungTechniks, not £200 cars.

Well done, we can be the first people in the world to have unraveled this.

Edited by out2lunch

Put those rose tinted specs back on. I have updated the homes with more suitable "accessories". This is 2013.

2013.JPG

^B**dy neighbours with their Range Rover- just can't keep up with them Joneses.

Was the advert supposed to be a time warp back to 1992? The brown tint film that it was shot in, appeared to be so. The lady got pregnant, and now the boy has grown up a bit and is talking to us in the advert - thanks to the parents buying a house all those years ago in 1992.

The boy now gets taken to a school in that same Beamer! Dreams can come true!

Edited by out2lunch

That is because house (actually land) prices always go up and there will be a bigger fool will take up a even bigger debt to buy that off them, probably on 0.5% interest mortgage sometimes in the future.

Hmmm.. Assume IO payments of £1000 per month, you could get a mortgage for £2.4 million at 0.5%.

Obviously we'd want the taxpayer to stump up a £480k deposit on top.

So.. £3million for a 2 bed flat? Why not..

Put those rose tinted specs back on. This is 2013.

2013.JPG

Was the advert supposed to be a time warp back to 1992? The brown tint film that it was shot in, appeared to be so. The lady got pregnant, and now the boy has grown up a bit and is talking to us in the advert - thanks to the parents buying a house all those years in 1992.

Full marks for taking the time to produce that picture.

Ah yes, thanks CnB, missed that first time with tiredness. The advert ppl didn't go to that much effort then, although they obviously needed access to both houses, to make it look like now owned by 2 young 'happy/clever' families.

Put those rose tinted specs back on. This is 2013.

Was the advert supposed to be a time warp back to 1992? The brown tint film that it was shot in, appeared to be so. The lady got pregnant, and now the boy has grown up a bit and is talking to us in the advert - thanks to the parents buying a house all those years in 1992.

1992. The old cars, the antiquated film technique in advert, the fast-forward pic to the modern day, with the bling cars. :lol:

Thought it was old cars because 2 young neighbours had just bought their homes, and the subliminal message is attaining house, via friendly bank, more important than any other possessions.

Turns out neighbours house (Corolla) is probably owned outright by a couple of wise deb-avoiding oldies who probably paid off their mortgage by 1997, who are tired of youngsters buying ipods, as are many of the older generations, and want younger people to pay (borrow) 'what it's worth'. Probably majority of owners on the road are older owners.

No record of no.12 (Jack's house) transaction price on free to search house-price databases, at first glance anyway.