House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snowflux

Daily Mail In Payout To Psychic

Daily Mail payout to Sally Morgan over psychic 'scam' article

The publisher of the Daily Mail has agreed to pay "substantial" damages to a psychic after an article suggested she had "perpetrated a scam" on a theatre audience, a judge has heard.

How on earth did the DM manage to lose a libel case for an article which was probably one of their more accurate and least libellous pieces of journalism? This Sally Morgan must have found a top-notch lawyer!

She just knew she was going to win. Bet she didn't go 'no win, no fee'.

Once more the Mail meddles with forces more powerful than it could possibly imagine.

Are they saying she's a real psychic?

Well I wouldn't have thought so. It will be the wording of the original piece I tihnk...

"It was following a theatre performance in September 2011 in Dublin that an article appeared in the Daily Mail which, in the context of a general attack on psychics as being charlatans, accused Mrs Morgan specifically of having used a hidden earpiece during her performance in order to receive instructions from her team which she then repeated on stage as if she had received them from the spirit world."

He added: "The article thereby suggested that Mrs Morgan had deliberately and dishonestly perpetrated a scam on her audience in Dublin."

No ear piece, no scam of that nature.

Well I wouldn't have thought so. It will be the wording of the original piece I tihnk...

No ear piece, no scam of that nature.

In my defence, the article was much shorter when I started the thread. The BBC has added these details since then. Still funny though, given that the whole "psychic" business really is a scam.

In my defence, the article was much shorter when I started the thread. The BBC has added these details since then. Still funny though, given that the whole "psychic" business really is a scam.

And you know that because...? :rolleyes:

I'm sure some (maybe even most) psychics are scam artists, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people with psychic abilities.

I'm sure some (maybe even most) psychics are scam artists, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people with psychic abilities.

And it doesn't mean that there aren't leprechauns who fly around in invisible teapots powered by custard either.

That is no excuse not to apply a bit of judgement or common sense, though...

I knew this would happen :D

You should have put a bet on! ;)

You do believe in some strange stuff don't you.

I think there's been a million pound prize, unclaimed for about 30 years, that's to be awarded to the first person to demonstrate psychic ability under lab conditions. Some people are no doubt un-naturally perceptive, but no one is psychic in the sense that they can receive messages from dead folk.

I think there's been a million pound prize,unclaimed for about 30 years that's to be awarded to the first person to demonstrate psychic ability under lab conditions. Some people are un-naturally perceptive, no doubt, but no one is psychic in the sense that they can receive messages from dead folk.

Yes, that is correct! Everybody can talk to the dead! They just don't say much back! :(:o