House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheNoSnowMan

Advice On Minor Damage To My Garage

My garage is a convertered car port (one of four at the end of a row). Around the one edge and rear is a flat grass verge about 2 feet wide. For some odd reason one of my neighbours owns this strip of land and thus it is their responsiblity to keep the grass cut. Normally they don't bother and it overgrows during the summer and looks untidy. But, came home from work yesterday and the grass had finally been cut. However, when I checked, whoever had done the cutting had put a bloody great scratch down the one panel of my garage as you can see below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The damage is minimal and can probably be easily removed but I was wondering if it was worth reporting it as it is complete ignorant criminal damage. I've had dealings with this neighbour before when I offered to have the surrounding grass verge professionally replaced with stone to make it mantainance free (thus make it tidier) as I was having my patio redone and had a lot of stone spare. They were two of the most stupidest people I have ever had to deal with. Had no clue what I was talking about, asked if it could cause flooding (WTF?), said they couldn't make a decision until the kids had gone to bed (double WTF?) and would give me an answer the next day. I never heard from them and decided f##k em.

What do you think?

I'd shrug my shoulders and sigh at other people's lack of care and my disappointment at the lack of any note of apology.

But being a renter, while I'd still do all the above, I'd not dwell on the damage.

If I owned, like you, I'd make it better myself if it was going to bug me. I'd then glyphospate the grass so it didn't need mowing.

Not owned yet mate. Currently renting from the bank!

And thanks for the advice.

;)

A fair few expletives would be uttered while I fixed the damage.

I would repair the damage first thing in the morning so that I got it out of the way and was able to reset the mind and focus on something more positive. I would of course curse at having to get up so early to do this. There are really no good mental outcomes until it is fixed.

The event would make me even more inclined to mind my own business, especially with regard to the neighbour, which might be a positive.

I think one of the ways to peace of mind is :

1. not to have nice things

2. to have nothing.

3. Gouge your eyes out

4. See a hypnotist

And not to have shitbag neighbours.

I've been told someone I know has been gloating about how he's snitched me up to the tax. Or trying. My tax affairs are all legit.

Now do I extract revenge by snitching him for being fit when he's on the sick?

I'd be happier living next to shitbags. At least all they do is smell.

My neighbours smell AND p!ss me off.

Oh mine smell very nice. Would prefer stinkers who kept their stirring to cups of tea.

I've been told someone I know has been gloating about how he's snitched me up to the tax. Or trying. My tax affairs are all legit.

Yep!!!!!! Fight fire with fire....if this happened to me I would put the said rat in the casualty unit.....

A good power sander should rub them scratches out in no time.

Bit of stain and sealant and the jobs a good un.

Make best use of the early daylight at this time of the year and do the job at 7.00 am next Sunday.

If matey comes out and whinges you are on his land tell him you will report him for Crim Damage.

Them scratches look to deep and straight to have been done accidentally. It almost like he has keyed the garage panel with a screwdriver.

I have a copy of "Practical Carpenter" from July 194 AD, with plans for a trebuchet, and next month, a ballista! ;)

Them scratches look to deep and straight to have been done accidentally. It almost like he has keyed the garage panel with a screwdriver.

Or like a mower handle has rubbed all the way along...as if the grass had been cut. :rolleyes:

Get up at 2am, take your toolbox, swap his garage door with yours, go to bed and smile in the morning :D

I think one of the ways to peace of mind is :

1. not to have nice things

2. to have nothing.

3. Gouge your eyes out

4. See a hypnotist

5. revenge is a dish best served cold. Wait 10 years and then do the same to his garage door when he goes out one day. Let it fester and fester for years first though.

Joking aside, you have to weigh up the hassle and the stress with the damage and work out whether it is worth it. Choose your battles.

Christ is 'Allotment Wars' still going?

Maybe see if the History Channel will turn it into a series.

He doesn't.

There's only one thing to do. Listen to the Little Voices.

Kill all of your neighbours.

Or contemplate, at some length, a foray into the fish and chip retail business.....

jesus_saves_bumper_sticker-p128460224486798814en8ys_400.jpg#JESUS%20saves%20acts%20400x400

No - seriously. He is an excellent carpenter by all accounts.

He is probably on ratedpeople.com these days.

Would have that sorted in a jiffy.