House Price Crash Forum
spyguy

Lendal Tower Yawk For Sale

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorkshire-living/leisure-fashion/homes/for-sale-for-the-first-time-the-new-home-in-a-medieval-tower-1-5753898

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/26532968

If you've ever been to York you'll know the place.

Anyhow, this place has some history.

Bought by York's resident property buffon David Hattersley in Oct 2006 for 645K

SHTF in May 2009:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/4364075.Entrepreneur_David_Hattersley_hands_over_enterprises_to_bank/

http://www.bridgingandcommercial.co.uk/mobile-article-desc.php?id=1190&title=flamboyant-property-personality-sees-hotel-empire-sold-off-by-administrators#.UcIJRsB140g

Bought in Jun 2010 for 550K.

Up for sale now @ £1.3m

Now I don't know what state the place was in when it sold for the 2nd time.

The buffoon had owned it for ~3 years.

The buyer claimed they were going to live in it.

Now they've decided to sell up.

York may by posh by day.

Come night (esp. race day) its a Pikey fist fest.

Imagine a very drunken young farmers do - they all come in from the Wolds, Moors and Middlesbroguh.

Drink loads and be sick.

New owner claims to have spent 300K on it.

Unless the place was a ruin then I cannot see where the money has gone.

Its a scheduled ancient monument too.

Talk to any Grade x listed house and the cost of maintaining it.

Scheduled ancient monuments maintenance costs make a Grade 1 mansion look like new city flat.

York may by posh by day.

Come night (esp. race day) its a Pikey fist fest.

Imagine a very drunken young farmers do - they all come in from the Wolds, Moors and Middlesbroguh.

Drink loads and be sick.

And it isn't just an intra-pikey fist fest, either: pikey one, tourists nil ; pikey one, teenager nil ; pikeys one, taxi drivers nil.

I live around 300 yards outside the city walls, and would never venture inside them on a Friday or Saturday evening. I have not done since around 2005-06. Furthermore, in just under a month's time I'll be emigrating, and cannot wait.

A big part of the problem is the anti-motorist jihad waged by successive councils, meaning that parking in York is so difficult and expensive (and there's no Park and Ride after 8pm) that anyone in a car will go somewhere else for their evening entertainment. The people left in the city centre are those who have walked, bussed or taxi-ed in, and thus are completely uninhibited as to how much they drink. Oh, and the tourists, who are usually cowering in their hotels after around 7pm on a Friday or Saturday, many of which now employ bouncers to prevent the aforementioned pikeys from getting in to their bars.

And it isn't just an intra-pikey fist fest, either: pikey one, tourists nil ; pikey one, teenager nil ; pikeys one, taxi drivers nil.

I live around 300 yards outside the city walls, and would never venture inside them on a Friday or Saturday evening. I have not done since around 2005-06. Furthermore, in just under a month's time I'll be emigrating, and cannot wait.

A big part of the problem is the anti-motorist jihad waged by successive councils, meaning that parking in York is so difficult and expensive (and there's no Park and Ride after 8pm) that anyone in a car will go somewhere else for their evening entertainment. The people left in the city centre are those who have walked, bussed or taxi-ed in, and thus are completely uninhibited as to how much they drink. Oh, and the tourists, who are usually cowering in their hotels after around 7pm on a Friday or Saturday, many of which now employ bouncers to prevent the aforementioned pikeys from getting in to their bars.

That is just nonsense. Avoid Mickelgate and I don't know a more relaxed town/city to be out at the weekend in Britain. I lived in Westgate for a few years until recently. Hang out in the cathedral area of an evening and you get a very good mix of locals and tourists.

That is just nonsense. Avoid Mickelgate and I don't know a more relaxed town/city to be out at the weekend in Britain. I lived in Westgate for a few years until recently. Hang out in the cathedral area of an evening and you get a very good mix of locals and tourists.

Try telling that to the two conference visitors who were staying at the Dean Court Hotel, one of whom was whacked over the head by one of the city's finest with a beer bottle in The Last Drop Inn one Friday evening about a month ago, and left with the rather unusual souvenir of six stitches in her scalp.

Ed Stoyle, of Carter Jonas, says: “The house will appeal to anyone wanting either a second home or a productive business being ideally situated for holiday or business let or even a wedding venue.”

and massive heating costs - and just think of the cost of maintenance

My words in bold - just saying.

Edited by billybong

Where are you moving to - Oz?