House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Poolparty / Chlorine / Liquid Nitrogen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2344213/Man-21-left-COMA-faint-organizers-Mexico-pool-party-promoting-Jagermeister-pour-liquid-nitrogen-water.html

A 21-year-old man was left in a coma and eight others were hospitalized after attending a weekend pool party in the Mexican city of Leon where organizers of the event poured liquid nitrogen into the water.

According to authorities of the Health Department of Leon in the state of Guanajuato, the party that took place Saturday was organized by Jagermeister, the alcoholic beverage maker based out of Germany.

According to witness accounts and videos recorded at the event, organizers of the soiree hosted in La Colonia Granjas El Palote attempted to create a smoke effect by pouring four buckets of liquid nitrogen into the pool.

They did create a nice smoke effect unfortunately it was a toxic gas smoke effect!

Idiots. However, chlorine is not the culprit.

A similar event happened in Cameroon a while back, different inert gas though. Lake Nyos

You mean Jaegermaster gassed 1700 people just for a cool smoke effect? Bastards! :(

I guess a 100% Nitrogen atmosphere is not a good thing, and nor is Jaegermeister! It is a bad drink!

You mean Jaegermaster gassed 1700 people just for a cool smoke effect? Bastards! :(

Their grandfathers used Cyclon B

Their grandfathers used Cyclon B

Zyklon B? That shit shower gel? :angry:

Zyklon B? That shit shower gel? :angry:

shurely its head and shoulders better than the rest?

Thank you StuG, very interesting. I'd always assumed that, since I can easily hold my breath for 90 seconds or more, I'd have at least that long to leave my seat, kick down the cockpit door and put the aircraft into a dive in the event of a decompression. Turns out that I won't even notice, and will instead just die painlessly. Nevermind, in fairness that's all I've ever aspired to.

I guess a 100% Nitrogen atmosphere is not a good thing, and nor is Jaegermeister! It is a bad drink!

Thing is MrP, I like it- in fact I like pretty much any type of European herbal spirit. I have no idea how I managed it (quite honestly the truth must be locked up somewhere in a previous alcoholic blackout) but I even love Campari; I pretty much retched the first time my dad offered my a sip of his Campari and Soda when I was 17- ten years later I was glugging it neat out of the bottle.

Jaegermeister (according to the back of the bottle) was first distilled in 1934; the literal translation is "master hunter". It is as far as I can tell a true survivor from the Nazi era!

Not a fan of that obv. but if I ever buy a BMW of any description I'll paint it Orange and stick some Jaeger details on in tribute to the super-cool touring cars.

Anyway I have a pointless point to make. Last year I attended a wedding reception as my wife's +1; she was the bride's sister's friend. I managed to behave myself until getting served at the bar took ages and I got a bit grumpy because the barmaid was busy pouring Jaeger into some egg-cup style contraptions. Red Bull was then poured round the edge. I then began sounding off loudly to my wife about the sexuality of anyone who would choose to take their Jaeger in such a fashion. I was then interrupted by the man who'd ordered the round (who had been next to me all along), who apparently had his nose out of joint- his defence was 'it lets you do a Jaegerbomb without having to taste the Jaeger!'.

FWIW I walked off looking embarrassed.

Thank you StuG, very interesting. I'd always assumed that, since I can easily hold my breath for 90 seconds or more, I'd have at least that long to leave my seat, kick down the cockpit door and put the aircraft into a dive in the event of a decompression. Turns out that I won't even notice, and will instead just die painlessly. Nevermind, in fairness that's all I've ever aspired to.

True. As the the gambler might say - They broke even.

I'm afraid given the pressure differences involved it'd be highly unlikely that you could hold your breath at all. Cabin altitude is about 8000ft and given the outside altitude will be about 35000ft any air you have in your lungs will be expelled rather quickly. You might also experience a rather large degree of flatulence (Just don't overeat or that's not all you'll notice).

You get about 20-30 secs useful action on rapid decompression at that altitude. Put your mask on. Quickly.

I'm afraid given the pressure differences involved it'd be highly unlikely that you could hold your breath at all. Cabin altitude is about 8000ft and given the outside altitude will be about 35000ft any air you have in your lungs will be expelled rather quickly. You might also experience a rather large degree of flatulence (Just don't overeat or that's not all you'll notice).

You get about 20-30 secs useful action on rapid decompression at that altitude. Put your mask on. Quickly.

Slow depressurisation is even more insidious. Remember this?

Helios Airways Flight 522

Jaegerbomb

They should be banned.

Talk to a duty nurse in A&E how many folk come in on a weekend with smashed up faces from being blotto on them, following up mid week with irregular heart rhythms.