House Price Crash Forum

War Is Over

HOLA441
HOLA442

Yes, they should have had the right kit.

course, handing them a gun to protect themselves is no longer enough, even if they are the invaders in a foreign land.

Now, we will have lawyers discussing to the nth degree just how protected a soldier should be...should be be encased in armour 5ft deep made of DU at all times?....or will some bright spark argue that a soldier still killed so encased was not agile enough to avoid the enemy attack?...where does this all end....a patrol will be required to change its kit 15 times during any patrol?

And yes, it will be impossible to sack anyone in the future for fear of trampling on their human rights.

Society is about to end.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Good luck with that.

Oath of Allegiance - UK Army

“I swear by almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.”

Also;

Courage

All soldiers must be prepared to use lethal force to fight: to take the lives of others, and knowingly to risk their own.

And;

The Army’s Values and Standards demand a degree of commitment and self-sacrifice from officer and soldiers, which goes beyond that normally expected from other citizens.

It is a dangerous job, and we have a voluntary fighting force.

Tough beans will be the result, as the Monarchy is ultimately responsible. Nobody is going to rap Queen Lizzy's knuckles.

This is simply a call for a bigger budget.

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA445

War isn't over. The politicians are just relying more on technology such as drones to do their killing for them. They're now developing the nest step 'up' from the drone ie what is called 'Lethal Autonomous Robotics (LARs)'. The UK, US and Israel at the forefront of their development.....as one would imagine. Makes one proud.