House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
InlikeFlynn

Spring Bounce?

From Twitter

"May HPI shows a monthly increase of 0.1%. Average house price in England and Wales is now £161,969. Full #HPI out 28 June"

Annual rise of 0.5% by my calculation.

Rather backs up the evidence CheeznBreed has posted showing shrinking mortgage lending.

Edited by InlikeFlynn

From Twitter

"May HPI shows a monthly increase of 0.1%. Average house price in England and Wales is now £161,969. Full #HPI out 28 June"

Rather backs up the evidence CheeznBreed has posted showing shrinking mortgage lending.

I'd personally like to believe all the media hype, the estate agents and the bankers that we should all buy houses and will all be rich.

Sadly, those pesky facts keep getting in the way. Lending down. Sales volumes down. Prices down ( in real terms ). Inflation up. Cost of living up. Real wages down. London sales ( to only god knows who ) holding up the rest of the market.

There is nothing to indicates that the housing market isn't collapsing further apart from the rightmove asking price index.

These facts might well explain what we see here:

homepage.png

estate agents and the bankers

If it were so, they would be buying and selling en-masse themselves.

However, there is more money in point of sale fees --> estate agents & solicitors

And even more in interest on loans and arrangement fees --> bankers

Folk buying property for investment are mugs, unless the market is rigged to ensure inflation.

On that premise, where do you put your money...

From Twitter

Or based on Rightmove's propietary measure: Since the beginning of the year, selling prices* have fallen (despite four months of 'rises')

* Which excludes prices paid by numpties paying over the odds so they can choose their own tiles (aka newbuild purchases)

2 year, at least, bounce due to FFL, H2B etc*

* barring exogenous shock of course

Edited by Killer Bunny

There is nothing to indicates that the housing market isn't collapsing further apart from the rightmove asking price index.

which means we have these continual Daily Express front page headlines always telling us prices are going up, so I wonder how many believe them?

Today's front page headline reads...

"House prices rise by £9000.". :rolleyes:

http://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/daily-express/front-pages-today.cfm?frontpage=29543

The delusional asking price index, against selling price, seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

I suppose that anyone with 1/2 an eye on the property market (outside London) knows that it is lies, propaganda and spin. The ones who don't know it is all lies and spin are currently stuck in 2 bed 'starter' flats and crappy government schemes.

The people without 1/2 and eye on the property market probably do not care either way.

The media have been lying for so long that the stories of price rises are blatantly not true for 99% of the population.

From Twitter

Hmm, seems last month's figure has been revised up for a change, see last tweet from end of May.

Latest installment of the BBA figs due in a week or so, will the trend of slowing lending continue..?

-----

Land Registry ‏@LandRegGov 30 May

Our April HPI shows an annual price increase of 0.7%. Average house price in England & Wales now £161,458