House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sombreroloco

Meredith Kercher 'killed By More Than One Person In Sex Game Gone Wrong

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/10128285/Meredith-Kercher-killed-by-more-than-one-person-in-sex-game-gone-wrong.html

Meredith Kercher was killed by more than one person in what may have been a group sex game that spiralled out of control, Italy's highest court ruled on Tuesday.

The Supreme Court in Rome said that "clues" which suggested that Amanda Knox and her Italian

boyfriend may have had something to do with the murder had been "underestimated" by the appeals court that overturned their convictions.

Judges said there was a good possibility that the one person who is in prison for the murder, Rudy Guede, did not act alone. He "was not the only culprit", the court said.

I think the most likely explanation is that Knox was in the house (and possibly Sollecito as well) when the Ivorian drug dealer murdered Kercher, but then kept stumm about it afterwards, probably to avoid prosecution for a more minor crime (e.g. having bought drugs from the Ivorian). The bottom line is that it'll never be possible to convict Knox and Sollecito of anything to do with that murder safely, because (i) there were no independent witnesses, and (ii) the Italian police contaminated the forensic evidence in their initial examination of the scene to the extent of having effectively destroyed it.

Given that he's in prison why doesn't this Rudy come out with his version of events.

I have no idea whether Knox and her boyfriend were involved to any degree, and I don't think the authorities do either.

Given that he's in prison why doesn't this Rudy come out with his version of events.

I have no idea whether Knox and her boyfriend were involved to any degree, and I don't think the authorities do either.

Hes been offered a bung ?

I doubt they ever will. Knox is unlikely to return voluntarily to give evidence, the US government is unlikely to extradite her and the Carabinieri are unlikely to snatch her under cover of darkness and fly her back to Perugia.

I doubt they ever will. Knox is unlikely to return voluntarily to give evidence, the US government is unlikely to extradite her and the Carabinieri are unlikely to snatch her under cover of darkness and fly her back to Perugia.

Yep it's hard to see her ever going back now, the Italian police really screwed up the case from the start. They should just drop it now.

Guest eight

I'm past caring about this case now. Someone died, very sadly and they'll never find out what happened.

I never did care about this case, but I do find it odd how so many otherwise seemingly rational people seem to get somehow personally wound up over it. Especially when, for me, there is another far more interesting case of foul play overseas but YOU'RE JUST NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THAT ONE. AT ALL.

??

I never did care about this case, but I do find it odd how so many otherwise seemingly rational people seem to get somehow personally wound up over it. Especially when, for me, there is another far more interesting case of foul play overseas but YOU'RE JUST NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT THAT ONE. AT ALL.

Which one??

I'm guessing the one that played out in the South of France not so long ago. It's all gone very quiet.

Someone died, very sadly and they'll never find out what happened.

I think we'll find out what happened one day. Those who committed the crime were all very young and will speak out.

I strongly believe Knoxy and Raff played a role in the murder. If she had know the Italian legal system, she would have admitted partial responsibility and put the blame on bad weed (same in the '70s people put the blame on bad acid).

She would have got no more than 5 years. By now she would have been out of jail, case closed.

I'm guessing the one where they went out for dinner.

Ah yes, you could be right, and I can see why one might be discouraged from talking about it. Mind you, I'd have thought pretty much every possible angle of that one had been covered by now.

The US would probably claim that the dual criminality requirement of their extradition treaty is not fulfilled, because the double jeopardy principle in US federal law would apply. In other words, the US would argue that by extraditing her, they would in effect be allowing her to be tried again for the same crime following an acquittal, which would seem to me to be a very reasonable position to take, given that the Italians let her leave their country in the first place.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Can someone PM me the gossip?

Same here

Guest eight

Is it the one about [names redacted: MODs]?

You might very well think that, I'm far too scared to comment.

Foxy Knoxy's fair game though for some reason; all go back to talking about her instead!

I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Can someone PM me the gossip?

No idea on the gossip but it's the McCanns.

No idea on the gossip but it's the McCanns.

But they did their 'playing out' in Portugal, not the south of France.

As for Foxy Knoxy, she has courted media attention so comprehensively, so luridly and over such a long timescale that any judge would surely laugh at an attempt by her to suppress public debate of her involvement in the case at this stage. If she had refused to give press interviews, had not written an autobiography etc., that would be one thing, but any right to privacy she once had, she voluntarily gave up.

But they did their 'playing out' in Portugal, not the south of France.

That was a guess that the reference was to the British-based Iraqi family shootings in the south of France.

I've had a quick gander on the Icke forums and there's no active speculation there so I'm assuming this has only been brought up as it was heavily moderated at the time.

That was a guess that the reference was to the British-based Iraqi family shootings in the south of France.

I've had a quick gander on the Icke forums and there's no active speculation there so I'm assuming this has only been brought up as it was heavily moderated at the time.

Annecy, French Alps?

Annecy, French Alps?

The south of France was snowflux's guess that I took to refer to that shooting.

I don't think there's any conspiracy of misinformation here, just guesses as to what eight was referring to. And nobody is allowed to post a photograph of THAT postcard just because the thread is heading that way.