House Price Crash Forum
apom

Apom Bought Last Year.....

I remember the early days of this Forum,

I was a young professional working in the South West and after a few years watching the impossible happen I relocated to London.

Now, I won't track down the threads, they're there in here still, but the economic crash of 2008 was predicted here from the very earliest days. This is not a website full of futile rants, it is an educated and informed forum with some very accurate and well considered points.

The market has crashed, volumes selling so low that it is all a shadow of its former self. That is a crash.

Prices have dropped in a lot of areas to.

I was fortunate, I watched an area I liked and found a property.. Prices had dropped tens of thousands and chains were failing so often that I was able to step in and offer a very low bid that was accepted.

This is not what I had hoped for, I made savings that I am very pleased with, but I wanted a balance for everyone.

It is not without hope, look at the area you're in and see what it is that you can afford, in your own macrocosm you might find a bargain.

They're out there more than the press would have you believe.

Good luck to you all.

I don't think I will be remembered here....

This site kept me sane for a few years.. :)

I remember you. Welcome back, glad things worked out for you :) .

I vaguely remember your username. Many congratulations. I agree with almost every word you've posted (even if some parts of the UK are still rather daft in their pricing). In the end, you only have to find one house at the right price with the right seller. It took us two years of looking but we managed it in the end (around 40% off what a neighbour paid for similar place in 2007).

(...) I was a young professional working in the South West and after a few years watching the impossible happen I relocated to London. (...)

Did you buy in London or in the SW?

I remember you. Welcome back, glad things worked out for you :) .

Thank you :) it has been quite a few years...

I stopped posting when the banks collapsed, like most on here we may have called the crash and protected ourselves from it as much as possible, but it was interesting times there for a few years...

Did you buy in London or in the SW?

South East, look at where Kent borders London, you can still get cheep(ish) oyster into London and you will get more stations to hit.

Most of the South East can hit Canon Street (Heart of the City) London Bridge, Chancery Lane or Waterloo East. Commuting is easier, faster and you will get a seat.

Better schools than all but the most highly prices South West areas (South West London) and house prices are a fraction.

I now live in a lovely village which gives me a faster commute then when I lived in Kensingnton renting :)

I vaguely remember your username. Many congratulations. I agree with almost every word you've posted (even if some parts of the UK are still rather daft in their pricing). In the end, you only have to find one house at the right price with the right seller. It took us two years of looking but we managed it in the end (around 40% off what a neighbour paid for similar place in 2007).

Okay, I did not save that much, I saved 30% on peak.

Congratulations...

I have a colleague who bought in Ireland, a new development that was marketed at £300,000 plus and he got for less than £100,000.. only a small development to.. there are huge wins out there.

Okay, I did not save that much, I saved 30% on peak.

Congratulations...

I have a colleague who bought in Ireland, a new development that was marketed at £300,000 plus and he got for less than £100,000.. only a small development to.. there are huge wins out there.

Encouraging to hear your story, right seller at the right price is probably very possible for those that hunt a bit, and will get easier IMO as things unravel further. Just knocked 50 p.m off my rent in central Edinburgh, and am hearing plenty of people here say they just need to offload their property now. It seems to be all going the right way at last? (not so good for young people seeking work though?)

South East, look at where Kent borders London, you can still get cheep(ish) oyster into London and you will get more stations to hit.

Most of the South East can hit Canon Street (Heart of the City) London Bridge, Chancery Lane or Waterloo East. Commuting is easier, faster and you will get a seat.

Better schools than all but the most highly prices South West areas (South West London) and house prices are a fraction.

I now live in a lovely village which gives me a faster commute then when I lived in Kensingnton renting :)

I used to like in Chislehurst for a couple of years! Friend of mine still in Bickley! :blink:

I used to like in Chislehurst for a couple of years! Friend of mine still in Bickley! :blink:

Shh!

These villages in the South East are a well kept secret.....

If too many people hear of them and how affordable they are there could be a rush, prices would be driven up and as I have bought a place that would make me money...

Wait, What? what have I become....;)

Shh!

These villages in the South East are a well kept secret.....

If too many people hear of them and how affordable they are there could be a rush, prices would be driven up and as I have bought a place that would make me money...

Wait, What? what have I become....;)

IF Wikipedia can be believed here, IMPO the name change was a sensible move:

"Chislehurst West was previously known as 'Prickend' ".

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chislehurst