House Price Crash Forum

Britain Dubbed The 'whiplash Capital Of The World' As Claims Add £90 To Drivers' Insurance Premiums

HOLA441
HOLA442

How else are people now supposed to earn a bit of extra money?....the blame claim culture is now big business, it keeps people spending, keeps money flowing, the bad part of it is that more and more it is the honest that end up paying the bill....so the honest then turn to dishonesty to make it right....hey ho. ;)

Two wrongs now make it right. :huh:

HOLA443

It doesn't explain the rationale behind a particular type of claim and what the industry decides to set as the costs for the motorist.

It also doesn't explain how much of that 2.2. billion was spent on finders fees and pay-outs to lawyers representing clients or by insurance companies fighting genuine claims. If the insurance company had settled the claims instead of fighting claimants through the courts how much would they have saved?

As some of my know I was badly injured in a RTA and took a personal injury claim out. Not for whiplash. They fought for over 6 years before it was settled. The lawyers acting for them and for me got more in fees than I did as a settlement. They refused to settle the claim with me direct at the start.

If they had settled at year one they would have saved an enormous amount of money. They spent money on medical experts to act for their side and money on private investigators to follow me and photograph me for long periods of time in addition to all the other money spent on lawyers on both sides.

If they set up an "independent medical panel" then I can't see claimants agreeing to that method. It's very hard to find a doctor in the UK who will stand up to insurance companies. The panel will consist of their paid "experts" or they would never suggest it.

Edited by Flopsy

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

My insurance company insisted on me having a forward-facing video camera fitted to my truck because HGV's are so heavily targeted by the cash-for-crash brigade.

Pretty standard in Russia! I'll have a rear facing camera, just to watch out for your 18 wheeler! :huh:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Go on, map the claims by postcode and then map the postcode against ethnic makeup. I dare you.

I work at a company that is a middleman between Insurance companies and Medical Experts so I have all this information at hand. And it is so blatant it is a joke. I do laugh when we get cctv evidence in that falsifies claims.

HOLA4412

Racist!

Indeed, as much as saying most (but not all) child grooming gangs come from one part of the community..

And there are another 56 cases under investigation waiting to come before the courts.

Your attitude reflects why it has taken so long to deal with this and why there is no appetite within Government to sort this particular trend out.

As for the grooming gangs hats off to this guy....

afzal.jpg He was the first state prosecutor to see the situation for what is was and was not afraid to act. His action led to the first prosecution and convictions in Rochdale, which have led to the others.

http://www.cps.gov.u...wn_prosecutors/

So by trying to deny these false claims are primarily focused on one part of the community you are part of the problem not the solution.

HOLA4413

Racist!

The EU has an answer for that.

Everyone knows women are safer drivers than men, so they outlaw lower premiums for women, completely in the face of objective research, but what the hell, political correctness comes first. Facts are inconvenient.

That leaves age I guess, since insurers are unable to ask whether someone is a pakistani.

The whole point of insurance is to be discriminatory, what else is there to go on for new or recent drivers with no track record?

Edited by Executive Sadman

HOLA4414

I met a guy at a dinner party a year or so back, who'd just fitted one of these after a near incident.

He's a high-miler salesman, many years of no-claims driving. He was on an A road and came up behind 4 guys in a white nova, he admitted to me to use the 'racist' policy of giving a big safe gap to drivers of this particular colour/creed - but said that in a momentary lapse he nearly ended up in their boot due to an overly harsh braking move (nothing in front of them). After this he left a massive gap. The funny thing is an impatient driver behind him then overtook and pulled into the gap and then was quickly involved in a rear end collision with the nova. This guy pulled over and had words with the driver who'd been caught out and then actually heard one of the rear passengers get out of the nova rubbing his neck and say (in a loud voice) "My life will never be the same again!"

You gotta laugh. He was never called to give his account, so I'm guessing these guys scammed the system.

How much are FF cameras these days? I'm assuming they record to a memcard on a 'rolling' basis? Do they clock speed/time,etc?

Thanks for all those who have given examples of why anti-raciscm is a now canker on truth and is actively damaging society financially and structurally. I mentioned the analysis point and someone shouted 'racist'. Any insurer or police force that targetted this crime from a ethnic makeup would be slaughtered in the press and government, even if reality was that a majority of such crimes were caused by a specific sector of the population. I firmly believe that cultural influence determine such behaviours, and not race - but the two have been mixed up so deliberately by the anti-racism brigade that it's a crime against society the state we're now in.

I believe that future historians will look back on such behaviours as we look back on blood letting - insane, but anyone that questions it is a heretic.

Oh, and I bet these costs are not included in the 'immigration is worth it' calculations...

HOLA4415

Partly the insurance companies fault by passing details of crashes to the injury claims people within minutes of the accident. After a car plouged into the back of my stationary vehicle Iwas inundated with calls from injury claims firms. Whiplash is always a dodgy call because it is mostly short term. I didn't pursue any claim.