• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22942738

".....will need to be able to sit at least 3.5m away from the new screen to appreciate its picture"

Well that will rule out owners of most new build housing, with their ever shrinking room dimensions!

That's not much use in a UK shoe box flat.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest eight

Each to his own. I've had a 3D TV for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoy it.

I sometimes watch films on my phone. If they're good films I'll enjoy them. I doubt I'd enjoy Transformers in any viewing format even if you threw a night with Megan Fox into the equation. As for Blackburn Rovers vs. Crystal Palace in 3D..... christ, if I was there, I'd pay to get out.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

So you watch 3 TV shows at the same time? Have the football on along with the Soaps?

You can't possible enjoy watching 3 shows at the same time.

Picture in picture could be useful for some people, Bloomberg in a small window whilst watching a film perhaps? Not a feature I'd use but it probably doesn't cost much to include. I would never watch football on a 90" screen....... nor on any other screen :lol:.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest eight

My old Sim2 projector is only 720p and produces a brilliant image on a 114" screen.

Do you think it gets beyond a point where the human eye can't actually differentiate?

What definition is reality in again?

HOLA4422

If there wasn't any benefit in watching stuff on a massive screen, surely no one would go to the cinema.

That said, 90" is a bit excessive, even for a big telly lover like me.

The good thing is surely that ongoing developments will push prices down through the range. 50" screens in Sainsburys are looking well cheap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2343501/Just-bought-new-TV-Its-date-HD--3D--forget-New-screens-15-times-sharper-mean-pictures-clear-real-life.html

Edit : As usual the Daily Mail tells us what we need. I love the unit of diagonal TV screens being the John Cleese wearing 7inch top hat.

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It is not so much the size nowadays but how long they purposely factor in them lasting and what insurance product to run alongside to prevent another big ticket item cost or finance package at a pre determined time in the future. ;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA4425