House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Servicing Hair Clippers - Removing Hair From Inside The Head

I've got some hair clippers but there is hair around the sponge near the head that vibrates the clippers. This hair appears to be well and truly stuck in the sponge and doesn't appear to want to come out. What's the best way of servicing hair clippers and removing all the hair which can clog up the vibrating head.

I've got some hair clippers but there is hair around the sponge near the head that vibrates the clippers. This hair appears to be well and truly stuck in the sponge and doesn't appear to want to come out. What's the best way of servicing hair clippers and removing all the hair which can clog up the vibrating head.

Hair should not be inside the head. That's where the brain normally resides.

I dimly recall that keratin dissolves in urea

Remove the head and leave it in a cup of warm **** for a few days?

No harm in trying

btw if replacement clippers are on the cards steer clear of Wahl. Some of their more recent models feature two teeny weeny bits of fragile plastic as critical components in the replaceable, not covered by warranty, clipper head. Good for Wahl. Not so good for the mugs buying Wahl.

I dimly recall that keratin dissolves in urea

Remove the head and leave it in a cup of warm **** for a few days?

No harm in trying

btw if replacement clippers are on the cards steer clear of Wahl. Some of their more recent models feature two teeny weeny bits of fragile plastic as critical components in the replaceable, not covered by warranty, clipper head. Good for Wahl. Not so good for the mugs buying Wahl.

I bought a set of Wahl clippers a few weeks back to replace my old set of rechargeable ones from babyliss. They are awful requiring oiling on each cut and the cutting mechanism itself is dubious leaving an uneven finish.

I'm going to see if I can replace the battery on my babyliss beard trimmer (perfect for all hair), it won't take a charge and is very temperamental to get going on its chord.

Clippers have done the planned-obsolescence trick it seems.

Buy a pair for about £20 and hope they last a year or two. You save £10 a time going to have a hair cut ever 4 weeks anyway.

Hair should not be inside the head. That's where the brain normally resides.

My thoughts too.

Removable heads and hairy brains? :blink:

grade 1 all over? Strangely yesterday i found my old electric clippers and thought they need a service before i use them! Stuffed full of hair so i must have forgot to clean them before putting them away

Clippers have done the planned-obsolescence trick it seems.

Buy a pair for about £20 and hope they last a year or two. You save £10 a time going to have a hair cut ever 4 weeks anyway.

That's the short back and sides of it.

A designed-to-fail Wahl clipper head costs a tenner. So, in strictly financial terms, per the above equation, it makes sense to buy one.

****ed if I did though. And balls to Wahl, or any other manufacturer which forces me to chuck away stuff that's 99% not broke.

grade 1 all over? Strangely yesterday i found my old electric clippers and thought they need a service before i use them! Stuffed full of hair so i must have forgot to clean them before putting them away

Either that or you've been trimmed up...

Wahl still do basic models like the 300 Series, I think they will be a lot more reliable than some all-singing - rechargeable - waterproof thing with built-in teasmade and clock radio.