House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Finance Sector Sees Lowest Risk Of Turmoil Since 2008 - Central Bank Survey

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/06/17/uk-britain-boe-risks-idUKBRE95G06J20130617

Risk managers at UK-based banks, insurers and investment funds believe the chance of another financial crisis over the next three years has fallen to its lowest since 2008, a Bank of England survey showed on Monday.

Some 24 percent of the financial institutions surveyed expect a "high-impact event" to affect Britain's financial system over the next one to three years.

This is the lowest level since the survey started in 2008, and down from 43 percent when the twice-yearly poll was last conducted in October. Expectations of a crisis in the coming 12 months also dropped sharply, to 8 percent of firms.

A positive spin??

So an immediate crisis more likely? Although as noted in the article released just in time to coincide with the Co-op's difficulties.

Risk managers at UK-based banks, insurers and investment funds believe the chance of another financial crisis over the next three years has fallen to its lowest since 2008, a Bank of England survey showed on Monday.

Sounds like they've copied the survey from 2006 but just changed the dates.

If some one kept asking me every six months whether there was going to be a financial collapse. After about five years I would start saying no because I had been wrong in the past.

DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC.

Is this low risk before or after the co-op bail in ?

Howz the nationwide looking after all their sensible building society purchases since 2007 ?

I would have said the risk of turmoil has never been higher. Pressure is building. There is no escape as the central banks/governments have boxed themselves in.

Paper money collapse is coming.

I would have said the risk of turmoil has never been higher. Pressure is building. There is no escape as the central banks/governments have boxed themselves in.

Paper money collapse is coming.

Absolutely. But these guys only ever consider the local picture which is why they failed utterly to see the Crash coming in 2008, and why they'll fail again to see the next one.

..a Bank of England survey showed on Monday.

Ah it's a BoE survey - utterly meaningless then but for sure its broadcast is part of the "recovery is on the way/buy a house now while stocks last" theme as the general election starts to approach.

Edited by billybong