House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

What Do They Do In Foxtons?

I was passing the Battersea Foxtons on Lavender Hill SW11 last week & noticed that as usual, there they were, all hunched up at their little desks with their flatscreen computers (saving space) with their headphone telephone thingy's on their heads chatting away. Some of them were standing up at their desks waving their arms about as they spoke on the phone.

There were probably 25 desks & 20 were full.

Now having worked in the city myself (apparently on Europe's largets trading floor - so they told me) and having seen real trading floors in action, it seems that these boys (and a few girls) are playing a different game to the traditional real estate agent.

Please, does someone know what they're up to in there?

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

I was passing the Battersea Foxtons on Lavender Hill SW11 last week & noticed that as usual, there they were, all hunched up at their little desks with their flatscreen computers (saving space) with their headphone telephone thingy's on their heads chatting away. Some of them were standing up at their desks waving their arms about as they spoke on the phone.

Now having worked in the city myself (apparently on Europe's largets trading floor - so they told me) and having seen real trading floors in action, it seems that these boys (and a few girls) are playing a different game to the traditional real estate agent.

Suggestion has been made elsewhere on this site that EA's are trying to look busy but really have nothing to do?

1/ Day Trading.

2/ Participating in a new film about Football Violence. This is the scene with them in their day jobs.

3/ Actually a boiler room using EA as a cover.

4/ Making fake offers to make the market look buoyant.

5/ Speaking to their Solicitors after getting charged for illegal fly boarding.

Don't worry!

It's head-orifice downloading the latest E.A speil and marketing scams - all part of their brainwashing technique! B)

3/ & 5/ actually seem realistitic.

Here are some more:

6/ Booking the mini with the secretary.

7/ Entering competitions on radio stations.

8/ Running a travel agency.

9/ Ringing reporters to try to get stories published.

10. Ringing people who registered 18 months/2 yrs ago to ask if they have anything to sell...Fact.

Actually, I used Foxtons SW11 to sell my old flat in 2000. Had tried another agent who was hopeless. It must be Foxtons commission structure but I moved to them and paid the higher commission to offload it quickly - boy did the chap there "sell" it and for a little more than expected easily paying for the extra commission. I criticise them and certain other agents on a moral level but they can do their job. As people, most are w*nkers though!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Some of them were standing up at their desks waving their arms about as they spoke on the phone.

Screaming at the vendors, that they must reduce their asking prices or we won`t get our bonuses and be able to pay our self cert IO mortgages.

Just a thought mind you. :)

Yes.

Maybe Indian call centres have worked out that they can outsource back to the UK by using idle EA's who already speak the lingo, have their own phone etc and dont have to waste time dreaming up what English sounding name they're gonna use when online!