House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Prince Philip

come on, he's the most entertaining royal by a country mile.

His gaffs are the stuff of legend.

I hope he recovers and they organise a tour of a new build estate for him. I'm sure he could manage a few withering comments about how pathetic the houses are.

"How much do you pay people to live here?"

"Is the lack of parking because they won't be able to afford a car?"

I hope he recovers and they organise a tour of a new build estate for him. I'm sure he could manage a few withering comments about how pathetic the houses are.

OK, here's another:

3 ) Does he have the Duke of Edinburgh Award?

or...

My Norman land owning buddies and I really have you plebs shafted don't we! ha ha ha !

Didn't have the balls of the Froggies and lop off our heads, eh! ...too late now! £10000 per square foot here we come off these clowns Lizzie!!

come on, he's the most entertaining royal by a country mile.

His gaffs are the stuff of legend.

They are not "gaffs"! He says those things because he can! ;)

This always makes me laugh...

Great Stuff gave me a good laugh.....

Do the royals really call them norks.........:P

I always liked the remark he made about 10 years ago,to a blind girl with a guide dog."Did you know they now produce eating dogs for anorexics?" :lol:

I always liked the remark he made about 10 years ago,to a blind girl with a guide dog."Did you know they now produce eating dogs for anorexics?" :lol:

I always feel that his 'gaffe-making' and 'affable geniality' belie a complete contempt for all around him. He literally couldn't give two hoots about anyone or anything. Racist misogynist old coot. Good value for laughs on the surface, but I suspect that he is a vile human being. Just a feeling, I could be wrong....

I always feel that his 'gaffe-making' and 'affable geniality' belie a complete contempt for all around him. He literally couldn't give two hoots about anyone or anything

The longer I live, the more I think that's an advantage.

I think he's great.

He has some legendary quotes! ;)

I always feel that his 'gaffe-making' and 'affable geniality' belie a complete contempt for all around him. He literally couldn't give two hoots about anyone or anything. Racist misogynist old coot. Good value for laughs on the surface, but I suspect that he is a vile human being. Just a feeling, I could be wrong....

I thought he was meant to be a lizard?

I disagree. It is rare indeed to hear anyone who has met him utter a bad word about him. He comes from good stock, if the program I seen on his mother was even half accurate. He seen real service in WW11, and continued to serve in the Navy long after his marriage, only throwing in the towel when it looked like Lizzie was about to be crowned.

Let's face it, he could have given up the royal duties a long time ago, he's got a good pension!

In a world full of grey men, he and his 1st son provide a bit of colour.

I disagree. It is rare indeed to hear anyone who has met him utter a bad word about him. He comes from good stock, if the program I seen on his mother was even half accurate. He seen real service in WW11, and continued to serve in the Navy long after his marriage, only throwing in the towel when it looked like Lizzie was about to be crowned.

Let's face it, he could have given up the royal duties a long time ago, he's got a good pension!

I agree, I think he says what's on the tip of a lot of people's tongues, and because of who he is, he is fortunate in that he get's away with being irreverent and deliberately cocking a snook at PC-ness; i.e. has the t-shirt and doesn't take things too seriously - a good combination.

Ninety gaffes in ninety years

Particular favorites.....

41. "Where's the Southern Comfort?" On being presented with a hamper of southern goods by the American ambassador in London in 1999.

49 . Philip: "Who are you?"

Simon Kelner: "I'm the editor-in-chief of The Independent, Sir."

Philip: "What are you doing here?"

Kelner: "You invited me."

Philip: "Well, you didn't have to come!"

An exchange at a press reception to mark the Golden Jubilee in 2002.

54. "Can you tell the difference between them?" On being told by President Obama that he'd had breakfast with the leaders of the UK, China and Russia.

57. "That's a nice tie... Do you have any knickers in that material?" Discussing the tartan designed for the Papal visit with then-Scottish Tory leader Annabel Goldie last year.

83. "You're just a silly little Whitehall twit: you don't trust me and I don't trust you." Said to Sir Rennie Maudslay, Keeper of the Privy Purse, in the 1970s.

89. "My son...er...owns them." On being asked on a Canadian tour whether he knew the Scilly Isles.

I bumped into him once, literally, on Cowes High Street, during Cowes week. I did a double take, we both apologised and went our different ways. I was reminded of that incident last month in Monaco where Prince Albert was using a Bentley with police outriders, to go a hundred yards. Quite a contrast.

I bumped into him once, literally, on Cowes High Street, during Cowes week. I did a double take, we both apologised and went our different ways. I was reminded of that incident last month in Monaco where Prince Albert was using a Bentley with police outriders, to go a hundred yards. Quite a contrast.

hope you weren't wearing that pickelhaube at the time :D

61. "So you're responsible for the kind of crap Channel Four produces!" Speaking to then chairman of the channel, Michael Bishop, in 1962.

Channel 4 was launched when?

hope you weren't wearing that pickelhaube at the time :D

Yes! They attract lightning! And are very bad "karma" on hydrogen elevated airships, in a storm! :blink:

Yes! They attract lightning! And are very bad "karma" on hydrogen elevated airships, in a storm! :blink:

Indeed, I dread to think what effect it would have on an 'elevated' Prince Pip on G & T's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oki4hzvI_ec&safe=active

With him once when the female organiser of the event (a large lady) who was seriously, out of her depth and not knowing what to do next after photo shoot at the end of the event, asked Philip:

"Do we need a debrief ?", to which he replied as quick as a flash:

"I'd keep my briefs on if I were you"

Very difficult not to laugh.