House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Man Calls Solihull Police To Complain About Prostitute's Looks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-22887138

A man has been warned after he dialled 999 to complain about a prostitute's looks after meeting her.

West Midlands Police said they were contacted by the caller who said he "wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act".

The force said the call was received at about 19:30 BST on Tuesday complaining that the woman was not as attractive as she had claimed.

Officers have now sent the man a letter warning him about wasting police time.

West Midlands Police said the man had claimed he met the woman in a hotel car park.

"The caller claimed that the woman had made out she was better looking than she actually was and he wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act," a spokesperson for the force said.

"When he raised this issue with the woman concerned, she allegedly took his car keys, ran away from the car and threw them back at him, prompting him to call police."

I wonder if he complained before or after the act. Or was it whilst trying to get it up he couldn't and blamed this woman's looks?

The police should have told him to contact Trading Standards as false advertising is their remit or ASA and get her to reword her ad to reflect her looks?

Good to see 999 being put to good use.

If you read the article at this link you'll see the quote "Unhappy with the response, he then insisted on coming down to the police station to debate the matter".

So it sounds to me like this happened at a hotel in the town center as all the hotels are in easy walking disatnce of the Police station.

Will this effect central Solihull house prices? !!! :D

Thehoffsleftsock

June 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Happened to me once, met a girl who looked great and was wonderful and full of excitement, turned out to be a scam, once I married her it all changed!

Solihull is posh, and I would expect to rent a reasonably presentable woman. In Derby however they do afternoon cheapy "happy hours", er, apparently! :blink:

"I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal."

Really? I thought prostitution was legal in this country (but running a brothel was not) :unsure:

Solihull is posh, and I would expect to rent a reasonably presentable woman. In Derby however they do afternoon cheapy "happy hours", er, apparently! :blink:

Solihull certainly is posh, I once knew a girl from Solihull who took great offense when I mistakenly said she was from Birmingham!

Really? I thought prostitution was legal in this country (but running a brothel was not) :unsure:

Since when does the plod know the law? :rolleyes: In my experience they make up laws on the fly as it suits them... <_<

Solihull certainly is posh, I once knew a girl from Solihull who took great offense when I mistakenly said she was from Birmingham!

I've done that too! ;) Still, if you are from outside the M25, you are virtually "wogs", and I expect you to drink your tea with the spoon in it, and then drink the spills from your saucer! :blink: Even when Royals are present!

AIUI soliciting is illegal but paying for sex isn't. Quite what the difference is I don't really know, perhaps if you're deliberately going out looking for prostitutes?