House Price Crash Forum
sombreroloco

West Midlands Agency Employing Only Poles

Not on the Daily Mail yet but soon:

https://jobsearch.di...x?JobID=2249668

Production Operative

Job description

this vacancy is being advertised on behalf of AM2PM Recruitment solutions who is operating as an employment agency. Currently recruiting for an experienced production operative ideally with some line leading experience, successful candidates must be fluent in both English and polish language. This is a very hands on roll with great career prospects. candidates must have their own transport because of the location of the company. Afternoon shift £7 per hour please send CV's to .

Agency is Am 2 Pm Redditch.

this vacancy is being advertised on behalf of AM2PM Recruitment solutions who is operating as an employment agency. Currently recruiting for an experienced production operative ideally with some line leading experience, successful candidates must be fluent in both English and polish language. This is a very hands on roll with great career prospects. candidates must have their own transport because of the location of the company. Afternoon shift £7 per hour please send CV's to .

It's worth quoting the advert in full just to marvel at the sheer illiteracy of it. I have underlined the most egregious examples. You would have thought an HR person would know the difference between "roll" and "role"!

Its long been unofficially known that to get temp or even permanent work in many of the warehouses around the Coventry area a knowledge of Polish is 'essential', it was never spelled out or requested but you just never got a call back.

Back in the 90's in between contracts it was easy to get temp work doing warehouse picking and packing, not any more.

£7 an hour and you need your own transport?

Would love to see how the hell these poor sods live.

My wife works at a nursery where there is no local transport, gets less than £7 an hour. When extra paperwork is required (lots), this must be done at home for 50p an hour.

I have pointed out the illegality and stupidity of doing this.

Not on the Daily Mail yet but soon:

https://jobsearch.di...x?JobID=2249668

Agency is Am 2 Pm Redditch.

This should be illegal. Basically a way of excluding 99% of the Britsh workforce from an employment opportunity albeit it low pay.

This is no doubt the same trick that effectively allows ethnic restaurants to employee exclusively their own.

It's worth quoting the advert in full just to marvel at the sheer illiteracy of it. I have underlined the most egregious examples. You would have thought an HR person would know the difference between "roll" and "role"!

I don't follow on why you underlined language.

I think the reason some non Brits write English or Polish etc in non caps is because in their language it isn't capitalised.

£7 an hour and you need your own transport?

Would love to see how the hell these poor sods live.

They usually have two jobs. This is not work ethic. This is addiction to slavery. That is, the future.

I think the reason some non Brits write English or Polish etc in non caps is because in their language it isn't capitalised.

Because the phrasing was odd. "In both English and Polish language". It should be "in both English and Polish" or "in both the English and Polish languages", or "in both English and the Polish language". The sentence as it stands is incorrect.

Because the phrasing was odd. "In both English and Polish language". It should be "in both English and Polish" or "in both the English and Polish languages", or "in both English and the Polish language". The sentence as it stands is incorrect.

Thanks for that. I'd best go and correct the ad now ;)

The word was not required - "Do you speak english language?" sounds clunky. "Do you speak English and Polish? No? Kurva!" is better.

Edited by cheeznbreed

The word was not required - "Do you speak english language?" sounds clunky. "Do you speak English and Polish? No? Kurva!" is better.

Speaking of which, here's the UK & apparently Polish govts doing their best to warn Poles about the UK in this TV ad (or reklama to all you homesick Poles out there) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341776/Jobless-homeless-set-alight-yobs-The-stark-government-warning-Poles-happen-Britain-unprepared.html

I don't know what it'd be like here in Polska if Polonia returned. It's already jam-packed everywhere you go here, you're always surrounded by people on every road crossing, every tram, every bus. I shudder to think how over-populated the cities would be if absent Poles came back to Poland, it's crazy mad busy as it is. You're never alone here, people are everywhere, even loads of peole jogging or mountain biking in the huge parks and there are countless parks in most cities. If a million came back to Poland, I don't know where they'd put them all quite frankly!

I'm a bit ambivalent about this.

On the one hand I think mass immigration has had the most terrible effect on British people and British life, on the other hand at least this agency is not going to waste my time by inviting me for an interview for a job I have no chance of passing from the get-go.

And if I ever placed a newspaper ad for an HGV driver for my transport company then I would say "Women of child-bearing age need not apply", if I was allowed to so I supposed that makes me prejudiced too..

"Blame the game, not the players" has always been my thing.

I'm a bit ambivalent about this.

On the one hand I think mass immigration has had the most terrible effect on British people and British life, on the other hand at least this agency is not going to waste my time by inviting me for an interview for a job I have no chance of passing from the get-go.

And if I ever placed a newspaper ad for an HGV driver for my transport company then I would say "Women of child-bearing age need not apply", if I was allowed to so I supposed that makes me prejudiced too..

"Blame the game, not the players" has always been my thing.

My father used to be in the furniture trade, and told me a story about one of his more old fashioned friends (now long retired) ringing the job centre to advertise for a "van boy". The woman at the job centre tells him "you can't advertise for a van boy, it's sexist" He replies "don't be silly love, we need someone to do proper heavy lifting, girls can't do that!".

: )

Edited by SpectrumFX

A job in an estate agency beckons, surely? The last refuge for those who can't spell.

My wife works at a nursery where there is no local transport, gets less than £7 an hour. When extra paperwork is required (lots), this must be done at home for 50p an hour.

I have pointed out the illegality and stupidity of doing this.

Is it worth her while? Is there anything else she could do? What baffles me about childcare is that it's so blinkin expensive yet the staff get paid so badly

Is it worth her while? Is there anything else she could do? What baffles me about childcare is that it's so blinkin expensive yet the staff get paid so badly

I`m not defending the wages but much of the overheads go on very expensive liability insurance and building fire insurance etc etc...insurance companies creaming of huge profits..building regs..it goes on..staff are last in the queue..I shudder to think what wages would be if no minimum..

here some polish we should all learn.

głosować UKIP

Well, you seem to have used the infinitive there - what about looking up the plural imperative?