House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Jail Rogue Bankers In Future, Say Mps:

A panel of MPs and peers will next week urge the government to jail miscreant bankers.

One of its key proposals will be the creation of new criminal offences to deal with the type of behaviour seen by bankers during recent scandals.

What about rogue w@nkers, like our own lovely PMs and Deputy PMs?

Remind me, who championed 'light touch regulation' as the foundation of 'no more boom and bust?'

Who receives a million a year from JP Morgan for 'services rendered'?

Who got elected on a manifesto of banking reform and promptly kicked it into the next parliament?

There's already adequate provision within the statute to prosecute the Friends of Boris Johnson, what's required is the political will to do it.

It's just like the early 90s recession when all sorts of things were planned and proposed for those who were involved in the outrageous bezzles of those days.

It was how things were going to be different in future and how the bankers and estate agents and all the rest etc would be so punished in future - they were so for it oh yes for sure!! :rolleyes:

In the event nothing much changed and it's clear that the UK is back to square one in terms of going to punish banking fraud and so on etc. They're so for it - oh yes for sure!! :rolleyes:

Maybe this time it will be different (don't laugh) but it just seems like they pull out archives from similar times in the past (although this time they've really gone and well and truly overegged the all round fraud and outright dodginess so it's not that similar it's far far worse - to say the least) and publish a rehashed version of the archives to pretend that something's going to be done about it.

Edited by billybong

It's all just words with no substance. All politicians do is say things which they believe will get them more votes, there's no real weight to anything they say. Actions speak louder than words but words are all we get. I could promise to make every person in the Country a millionaire if I was voted in, and if people were stupid enough to vote me in based on that "Promise" then I would simply not make good on that once I was in power.

All politicians words are meaningless lies, all to get more votes. There's never any substance to any of it. I don't know why people keep taking notice as if it's going to make a difference to anything. It doesn't matter who's in power if they're all answering to the same masters as the end goal will be the same no matter what.

mspL4

There's already adequate provision within the statute to prosecute the Friends of Boris Johnson, what's required is the political will to do it.

thats right, and under the numerous Companies Acts, there are plenty of ways to make rogue Directors, Ex Directors etc etc personally liable for stuff that occured during their time in office.

We have a plethora of laws for Fraud, Conspiracy, Theft and wrongful trading...this includes false representations, price rigging, falsifying paperwork, and misdeclaration.

Then there are misuse of Computers Legislation, crime over the wires, mail fraud, as well as lots of other imginative applications of ancient law, and of course, the common law itself.

Just because a fraud is committed by suits, doesnt mean it doesnt apply...the Police seem to spend more time interviewing a shoplifter nicking a shirt from M&S than anyone who has signed LIAR LOAN.

Funny how bankers are seemingly impossible to prosecute using the vast array of current legislation already in place- yet when it comes to benefit claimants laws can be introduced even after the fact if the government chooses to do so;

The Department for Work and Pensions has introduced emergency legislation to reverse the outcome of a court of appeal decision and "protect the national economy" from a £130m payout to jobseekers deemed to have been unlawfully punished.

The retroactive legislation, published on Thursday evening and expected to be rushed through parliament on Tuesday, will effectively strike down a decision by three senior judges and deny benefit claimants an average payout of between £530 and £570 each.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/15/dwp-law-change-jobseekers-poundland

Emphasis mine.

So the same legal system that is apparently helplessly moribund in the face of massive fraud and looting by the bankers is flexible enough to allow retroactive legislation designed to overturn the decisions of three senior judges?

And the justification for this retroactive legislation? Why it's to "protect the national economy" :lol::lol::lol:

So a £130m payout to jobseekers deemed to have been unlawfully punished is such a threat to national prosperity that legislation had to be retroactively rushed through parliament to stop it- while the billions lost and still to be lost by the f*cking bankers is beyond the reach of the legal system to control or punish?

What a corrupt joke this country has become.