House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Family Face Losing £200,000 Home In Landmark Ruling After Grandfather's Terror Training Conviction

article-2340243-1A463939000005DC-7_634x481.jpg

Story. I used to live in Toronto, and one of these types of families was across the street. The man, bearded Arab of course, one day decided to start beating on his veiled women in their back garden, right when I was having a BBQ with some mates. He was sitting on top of her chest, punching her in the face with closed fists, yelling in some indecipherable tongue. She was screaming, perhaps begging for it to stop... dunno.

Emotion took hold of me, perhaps wrongly, but I jumped over the fence, pulled this enraged pr1ck off of his wife an subdued him, while my friends called in the police.

Cops came, took him to the station to charge, and the wifey called some friends over to comfort her.

Later, perhaps a few months after, I got a knock on the door. She'd had a restraining order against him, plus a divorce.

Brought me a case of beer too. She must have spotted what I was often drinking in the garden.

Said thank you, over and over, for sticking up for her, which is something men never do for women in these countries.

House they were in got sold not long after, and some Chinese family moved in. Never saw her again.

So.... what's the point? You can't integrate communities with such polar opposite views on marriage, social standing, gender rights.

Guest eight

I look at that and just think what a shame for the youngsters that one day they're going to end up covered up like their female relatives. And all out of some misguided belief that I somehow need to be protected from my own primal urges.

Why is the woman on the right holding the key like a weapon?

Story. I used to live in Toronto, and one of these types of families was across the street. The man, bearded Arab of course, one day decided to start beating on his veiled women in their back garden, right when I was having a BBQ with some mates. He was sitting on top of her chest, punching her in the face with closed fists, yelling in some indecipherable tongue. She was screaming, perhaps begging for it to stop... dunno.

Emotion took hold of me, perhaps wrongly, but I jumped over the fence, pulled this enraged pr1ck off of his wife an subdued him, while my friends called in the police.

Cops came, took him to the station to charge, and the wifey called some friends over to comfort her.

Later, perhaps a few months after, I got a knock on the door. She'd had a restraining order against him, plus a divorce.

Brought me a case of beer too. She must have spotted what I was often drinking in the garden.

Said thank you, over and over, for sticking up for her, which is something men never do for women in these countries.

House they were in got sold not long after, and some Chinese family moved in. Never saw her again.

So.... what's the point? You can't integrate communities with such polar opposite views on marriage, social standing, gender rights.

Good on you cashinmattress, who knows what sort of fate you helped that lady avoid.

Good on you cashinmattress, who knows what sort of fate you helped that lady avoid.

I'm sure she could take a knuckle facewash better than I could, probably having years of experience doing so. Very sad.

Not sure how it would have went down if say, that neighbours neighbour was also cut of the same cloth. A brawl...me at the bottom getting pummelled?

Toronto is called a multi-cultural city, but I am afraid is nothing more than a series of ethic neighbourhoods, defined by streets and the addition of native language street signs suitable to the ethnicity of the culture there.

Hardly any integration at all. It doesn't work unless you take away enough 'rights' until such time as there is some decent level of fairness and equality.

That said, look to Saudi, Jordan, or the UAE to see how poorly these folk treat themselves. The fact that they want to continue down that same medieval road when they gain citizenship in western countries is testament to the power of their faith. Scary.

I wonder if they tried to transfer the property out if his name with a view to putting it beyond proceeds of crime.....

The mail has changed the page since yesterday.. It said the family had 2 other houses which formed part of their 'lettings business'..

'The court will consider the effect of any order on the family members.'
:D

I'm sure she could take a knuckle facewash better than I could, probably having years of experience doing so. Very sad.

Not sure how it would have went down if say, that neighbours neighbour was also cut of the same cloth. A brawl...me at the bottom getting pummelled?

Toronto is called a multi-cultural city, but I am afraid is nothing more than a series of ethic neighbourhoods, defined by streets and the addition of native language street signs suitable to the ethnicity of the culture there.

Hardly any integration at all. It doesn't work unless you take away enough 'rights' until such time as there is some decent level of fairness and equality.

That said, look to Saudi, Jordan, or the UAE to see how poorly these folk treat themselves. The fact that they want to continue down that same medieval road when they gain citizenship in western countries is testament to the power of their faith. Scary.

I was in Buffalo and Niagara last Month and considered visiting Toronto.... I drove up to Niagara on the Lake and could see it 20 odd miles across the other side the high rises and the TV tower thing.

On reflection of this thread I am glad I didn't....

Yeah, the provision of native-language services does allow people to remain cut off, if they wish to be. Sweden is the poster child for modern ghettoised living.

Takes two to tango really, plenty of Brits scoffing full Engligh at the Rose&Crown on the Costa del whatsit. Not in the same league for violence and suppression of women etc though of course, it's just there's a natural appetite to gravitate to one's own in unfamiliar surroundings.

We need to stop giving some of these places prominence in our energy policies.

It's harsh for some, but I'd remove all foreign-language services, and I'd expect no different if I pitched up in a foreign country.

I was in Buffalo and Niagara last Month and considered visiting Toronto.... I drove up to Niagara on the Lake and could see it 20 odd miles across the other side the high rises and the TV tower thing.

On reflection of this thread I am glad I didn't....

Don't get me wrong, Toronto is still a nice place ...in the WASP suburbs. But city centre is too much of a mish-mosh of subdivisions based on ethnicities and sexual orientation, plus is has some complete sh1thole communities as well. There are parts of the city that the kind-of-corrupt metro cops avoid, patrolled by G4S thugs with guns.

If you are going to visit there, avoid Pride week if you find gays and lesbians upsetting, and definitely avoid Caribana as it brings a crime-wave from the states into the city for a week...unless you really can't live without some really good jerk, steel drums, and crazy dancing.

[WASP = white, anglo-saxon, protestant]

I lived in Greek town for a decade. Cleanest part of the city, best food, best markets. I moved out because its too busy, too smoggy, too expensive, and really quite boring and overly conservative for a 'mega' city. See Vancouver, Montreal, Halifax, St John's (NF) for a more fun Canadian visit.

Your telling me that they didnt know about this, they must have known that there farther was like this, they should have told the police, but they preferred to keep quiet, so I agree there house should be taken away. Hope that this provide a lesson for the rest and hopefully teach them to integrate better.

People are dying on both sides of the camp, and families like these could reduce that, but they prefer not too.

In fairness it sounds like, in her case at least, you managed to integrate her. :)

And to reiterate what has already been said, yeah, very well done. Props.

Has anyone got the guts to start a petition to support it? I will sign it.

...so would I

It is time that foreign residents of this country played by the rules....

clearly that family hate this country but are still happy to profit from being here........

If you or I went to their country and behaved in the same manner what would happen to us????????????

I think your story makes the opposite point: she did integrate by using the police.

On the OP, the article doesn't show that the property belongs to the convicted man. I guess the funds for purchase came from his activities - if not, then confiscating the house is tyranny. As is criminalising people's attire. That's the scary bit - not the muslims.

Good Brave man - and fortunately that you did that in Canada.

If you have attempted that in your homeland - there is a fairly good chance that you will be one facing some sort of assault charges.

Right, so we'll seize their house, make them homeless, and oblige the local council to house them at taxpayer's expense.

Anyone know which genius came up with this plan? I'd like to write a letter congratulating them on their sparkling intellect.

Good Brave man - and fortunately that you did that in Canada.

If you have attempted that in your homeland - there is a fairly good chance that you will be one facing some sort of assault charges.

Perhaps. Bring it on. The court of public opinion is strong in the UK.

And sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands, especially when folk are being kunts.

'Big man' video: No charges over passenger thrown off train <-- I'd have done exactly the same thing

Perhaps. Bring it on. The court of public opinion is strong in the UK.

And sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands, especially when folk are being kunts.

'Big man' video: No charges over passenger thrown off train <-- I'd have done exactly the same thing

Businessman vs burglars in midnight fight at his premises. Now HE'S on GBH charge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339258/Businessman-vs-burglars-midnight-fight-premises-Now-HES-GBH-charge.html

I think the standard advice is to jump up and down to distract him :ph34r:

Businessman vs burglars in midnight fight at his premises. Now HE'S on GBH charge

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339258/Businessman-vs-burglars-midnight-fight-premises-Now-HES-GBH-charge.html

I think the standard advice is to jump up and down to distract him :ph34r:

In fairness he did apparently break both the geezer's legs and one of his wrists. The CPS IMO do have a duty to refer the question of whether that constitutes reasonable force to a court.

Nope - If this country had any "balls" they would be shown to the nearest airport and banned from ever returning - All of them

Oh right, so as well as the state depriving them of their property on IMO entirely spurious grounds, you're also advocating collective punishment and forcible deportation.

Nice :rolleyes: .

As I understand it the hijab is not a requirement for a muslim women, although there is some debate on that.

But they live in the west, just as I would expect someone going to a Islamic country to respect their rules and conventions, I expect no less of those living in the west. I understand the argument for modesty and the protection from predatory males, but I do not agree this is not a problem with for the women but the men if they lack self control and respect.

On topic if the house is the Grandad's and is a proceed of crime then it should be seized, it is then up to the to the others to find their own accommodation.

Right, so we'll seize their house, make them homeless, and oblige the local council to house them at taxpayer's expense.

Anyone know which genius came up with this plan? I'd like to write a letter congratulating them on their sparkling intellect.

They have a couple of buy to lets....

Doubt the council would house them..

As I understand it the hijab is not a requirement for a muslim women, although there is some debate on that.

But they live in the west, just as I would expect someone going to a Islamic country to respect their rules and conventions, I expect no less of those living in the west. I understand the argument for modesty and the protection from predatory males, but I do not agree this is not a problem with for the women but the men if they lack self control and respect.

On topic if the house is the Grandad's and is a proceed of crime then it should be seized, it is then up to the to the others to find their own accommodation.

Hang on - the basis of our rules and conventions is freedom to do what you want so long as it doesn't harm your neighbour (although our prime minister/chancellor/collection of political farkwits insist that doesn't apply to bankers and money creators).

You can't find a simpler expression of freedom than people wearing what they want. Unless it's people going naked.

The rest I agree with.

edit: desire for nakedness.

...so would I

It is time that foreign residents of this country played by the rules....

clearly that family hate this country but are still happy to profit from being here........

If you or I went to their country and behaved in the same manner what would happen to us????????????

you already went to their countries, that's why they're in yours now.

You can't find a simpler expression of freedom than people wearing what they want. Unless it's people going naked.

I must confess that I see the wearing of the Hijab, burqa, niqab as a statement of disdain about our society. I view the wearing of any of these garments as a criticism of British society and way of life.

Right or wrong that is how I see it. My opinion is if they don't like living in our society then they should go and live somewhere else more to their liking.

I know if I went to live elsewhere I would conform to their ways, if I was unable to then I would not stay.