House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Candid Camera

I heard this about this on the radio this morning, couldn't believe my ears and couldn't find the link Calcaria on TMF did though.

Freaking unbelievable.

TAXMAN TO SNOOP IN YOUR HOME

By Sarah Womack, Social Affairs Correspondent

http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh...xportaltop.html

Council tax inspectors will be able to enter people's homes and take photographs even of their bedrooms, it emerged yesterday.

Whitehall documents reveal that they will be allowed to "obtain factual information from internal inspections" as part of the enormous exercise to revalue 22 million properties in England. …

Imagine if this had occurred at the time of the poll tax! It beggars belief and is a disgraceful tax on the middle classes in particular. The problem is that many people are now "house rich" but remain relatively "cash poor" and this would shaft many of Labour's recent voting bank. You should see the list of criteria!

I wonder if inner city tower blocks will be charged for the "views"?

I can just see it now - people refusing to let snoopers in, going to court/prison etc etc.

One has to be potty as a politician to see this as a good idea.

I will just refuse to let them in or always pretend to be out/deaf!

Madness.

Edited by Tempest

I would not want that job at any price. Just imagine knocking on the door of a house / flat only to find it is a crack den! Chances of surviving that, not good! <_<

Edited by FTBagain

We are now living in a police state so the sheep had better get use to it cus it’s there fault for sitting on their hands in this rate eat rate-race

If I smear sh1t on my walls when they come round, does that mean I have to pay less council tax for the next 15 years?

If I smear sh1t on my walls when they come round, does that mean I have to pay less council tax for the next 15 years?

Doubt it but you might win the Turner prize, allowing you to pay your new and increased CT bill.