House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stingray190

Aberdeen Apartments

Hello, I have been trying to buy an apartment in aberdeen for some time, 6 months or so, lately the good ones are coming on the market and being agreed in a week or two, I am looking at Bannermill bothwell area, there was one recently which was on at offer over £190,000, I offered £192,000 and was told there was 4 higher offers, I lost out, I cannot seem to find out what the price achieved actually was, does anyone know how I could, I know there is zoopla etc but they are always 3-5 months out of date, aberdeen seems to be bucking the trend, anyone out there have any better insight

Cheers

Hello, I have been trying to buy an apartment in aberdeen for some time, 6 months or so, lately the good ones are coming on the market and being agreed in a week or two, I am looking at Bannermill bothwell area, there was one recently which was on at offer over £190,000, I offered £192,000 and was told there was 4 higher offers, I lost out, I cannot seem to find out what the price achieved actually was, does anyone know how I could, I know there is zoopla etc but they are always 3-5 months out of date, aberdeen seems to be bucking the trend, anyone out there have any better insight

Cheers

ROS prices are updated a little quicker.

£190k seems a lot for a flat.

You can use Zoopla to quickly find out about the price of flats.

While £190k sems a lot (they were about £120-140k when they came out as I recall) - that seems to be how the market is moving these days.

I know of someone who is paying around £1000 a month for a flat there - although that probably includes the exorbinate factoring charges.

People I know are buying - no sense that price is any concern, except to get enough of a deposit/mortgage to pay the going rate.

If you have a look at other places, you can find 2-bed flats in nice places for £50k+ less.

I don't like Bannermill and wouldn't want to live there myself - but horses for courses.

I would also fear that if employment in the industry drops - or seond steppers move, that it might be hard to sell your identi-kit Milne Mansion when another 20 are on the market.

Currently, only 2-3 are on ASPC.

Thanks everyone, will google ros , I am specifically looking newer blocks in aberdeen rather than the older developments, most of these apartments are 10-12 years old and are well maintained would prefer no factoring but it keeps the communal areas smart, a lot of the apartments that are forty thousand less are much older with more maintain e issues, the west end is to expensive for me the top price is £200,000