House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pjw

Letting Agent Fees Out Of Control

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10114111/Letting-agent-fees-out-of-control.html

It's amazing how the government refuse to do anything - the comments by this minister show they will do nothing. If a letting agent is contracted to a landlord, they should be charging fees to the landlord, not to both sides. Maybe it would amount to the same thing in the end - as they might have to increase fees to landlords, who might put up rents, but we need to get rid of the culture in this country of "fees for nothing".

Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

More and more will jump on the bandwagon and eventually the Government will be forced to act.

I spoke to the landlords I was on good terms with about this, and none of them had a good thing to say about letting agents either. A lot of then advertised online as a result - spareroom.co.uk and so on.

There are already alternatives, if they start gouging then it will only encourage that.

Hell if it gets too ridiculous maybe I'd set up an agency myself :)

One of the good things the Scottish government has done is make this illegal.

Some still try it on. I make an effort to tell anyone who will listen up here that if a letting agent tries to charge you a fee - call them a **** and tell them to ****** off right to their face.

And i mean that 100%. I would.

It's a nice little earner, especially with churn.

tenancyrenewal.jpg

^It is actually easier than manually photocopying each sheet.

They just open the template document on the computer and press print. They don't even need to get up as the printer is next to the computer.

Edited by out2lunch

^It is actually easier than manually photocopying each sheet.

They just open the template document on the computer and press print. They don't even need to get up as the printer is next to the computer.

They nred to stretch a bit though..