House Price Crash Forum

Russia Passes Bill Making It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

HOLA441

link

Russia today is voting on a Vladimir Putin supported bill that makes it illegal to tell children gay people exist or that homosexuality is equal to heterosexuality, and provides for fines, jail time, and deportation for those who violate the law.

“The bill provides for Russian citizens engaged in the ‘propaganda of non-traditional sexual orientation’ to be fined, while foreigners could be arrested and immediately deported."

Beware, all you commie bum blasters...

But seriously, what a fvcked up country. Play rock in a church, go to jail. Tell kids about 'gay/lesbian/transgendered' folk, go to jail.

There will never be an incident free pride parade in Moscow, ever.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

It's a good piece of legislation this. I agree with it.

I don't see why that sort of propaganda should be allowed.

.... So you'd just allow propaganda of airbrushing chunks of the population out of existence?

(I can't tell if your post was satire, or just really dumb & offensive)

HOLA444

Play rock in a church, go to jail.

What do you think would happen if you try to play punk rock in St. Pauls without asking for permission? :rolleyes:

Tell kids about 'gay/lesbian/transgendered' folk, go to jail.

There are enough folks in 'Western' countries who are against all this promotion of gayism in the 'West', too.

While I'm absolutely against 'gay bashing' I don't like the way how being gay is being promoted as an almost desirable/cool lifestyle here either.

---

HOLA445
HOLA446

.... So you'd just allow propaganda of airbrushing chunks of the population out of existence?

It's just not relevant. Children certainly don't need to know about it. It was never part of my education.

And it's hardly a 'chunk'. More like less than 5% at max.

HOLA447
HOLA448

While I'm absolutely against 'gay bashing' I don't like the way how being gay is being promoted as an almost desirable/cool lifestyle here either.

IMO you can draw a parallel with how multiculturalism is promoted - you're either in favour, or else you're a horrible racist.

Same thing is happening with gay issues. Again, IMO.

HOLA449

It's just not relevant. Children certainly don't need to know about it. It was never part of my education.

Exactly, I was never taught about gays in school either and it certainly not something that I'm missing from my education.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Play rock in a church, go to jail.

They (the 'musicians' involved) recieved exactly the punishment they deserved. They defiled one of the holiest sites in Russia - dancing on/around the altar and using foul language.

The church must be defended. Sacred places must be defended (and no, I'm not religious at all).

The musicians deserved to have the book thrown at them and it quite rightly was.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

They (the 'musicians' involved) recieved exactly the punishment they deserved. They defiled one of the holiest sites in Russia - dancing on/around the altar and using foul language.

The church must be defended. Sacred places must be defended (and no, I'm not religious at all).

The musicians deserved to have the book thrown at them and it quite rightly was.

So you deplore the £18.60 fine that Peter Tatchell received for protesting during the Easter sermon? Should he have been thrown in jail?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/225550.stm

HOLA4415

It's relevant to the 5% of kids who are gay. And their friends. And their bullies.

Not really. If they are gay they will find out soon enough (with the internet now they can look up stuff and educated themselves anyway). Bullying can be addressed just as it would be in any other situation.

As I said, no school I attended ever had any education of this sort.

HOLA4416

And it's hardly a 'chunk'. More like less than 5% at max.

Why don't they need to know?

I would probably consider it unfortunate if a child of mine was gay, given that it seems to frequently lead to angst and unhappiness, but if it were to happen, I'd certainly want them to understand the feelings they would start having as teenagers.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It's relevant to the 5% of kids who are gay. And their friends. And their bullies.

Strangely enough kids don't really know that they are gay until much later (usually late teens, early twenties), at least that's my experience with the gays I know personally (and some are good friends).

IMHO being gay is not something you are born with, it's something that develops over time so promoting gayism at school will only lead to more kids starting to think they are gay that otherwise wouldn't have become gay.

HOLA4419

IMHO being gay is not something you are born with, it's something that develops over time so promoting gayism at school will only lead to more kids starting to think they are gay that otherwise wouldn't have become gay.

So your answer to my earlier question is that the 'gay lifestyle' would appeal to people who are naturally heterosexual. Does that apply to you?

HOLA4420

So your answer to my earlier question is that the 'gay lifestyle' would appeal to people who are naturally heterosexual.

You are making up things and putting words in my mouth that I never said, I said gayism shouldn't be promoted as if it was a desirable lifestyle, as IMHO it leads people who are unsure about their sexuality to become gay.

HOLA4421

Strangely enough kids don't really know that they are gay until much later (usually late teens, early twenties), at least that's my experience with the gays I know personally (and some are good friends).

Your humble opinion is not shared by many people who are gay themselves, I venture to suggest they may understand this better than you.

HOLA4422

You are making up things and putting words in my mouth that I never said, I said gayism shouldn't be promoted as if it was a desirable lifestyle, as IMHO it leads people who are unsure about their sexuality to become gay.

Would you personally have succumbed to this propaganda had you been growing up today?

HOLA4423

Your humble opinion is not shared by many people who are gay themselves, I venture to suggest they may understand this better than you.

My opinion is shared by several gay friends of mine, in fact that's how I formed that opinion in the first place, because they told me so. Everyone is different, some might know it quite early on, but others only 'switch side' much later in life often after having even had good heterosexual relationships.

---

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Absolutely. Jail would have been entirely appropriate. Perhaps then he would have learned to respect sacred places.

Seeing you in an evangelical light is no surprise.

Having affinity with cult manipulation theories should have been a bit of a giveaway, such ignorance really suits you.

..._

Archived