House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Up To 12% Of Women Could Be 'allergic To Semen'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2339588/Up-12-women-allergic-semen-claims-leading-expert--wrongly-blaming-symptoms-STDs.html

Some have such a severe allergy that exposure causes anaphylactic shock

Condition often misdiagnosed as symptoms similar to those of some STIs

Symptoms include itching, irritation, eczema, and pain when urinating

Allergen is thought to be in seminal fluid, not sperm cells, meaning the condition does not cause infertility

Up to 12 per cent of women could be allergic to semen - some so severely that exposure could cause anaphylactic shock, a leading expert has claimed.

Dr Michael Carroll, a lecturer in Reproductive Science at Manchester Metropolitan University, said that women aged 20 to 30 are thought to be worst affected, displaying symptoms immediately or up to one hour after exposure.

Symptoms include irritation, itching, painful urination and eczema, but in the most severe cases, exposure to semen can cause a potentially fatal allergic reaction.

Anyone ever seen such a reaction?

For women who have this reaction it appears the options are condoms, abstinence or not mentioned in the article becoming a lesbian.

Sadly no mention of how much the Dr house is, very disappointing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2339588/Up-12-women-allergic-semen-claims-leading-expert--wrongly-blaming-symptoms-STDs.html

For women who have this reaction it appears the options are condoms, abstinence or not mentioned in the article becoming a lesbian.

Sadly no mention of how much the Dr house is, very disappointing.

Are you sure its not a nut allergy? according to QI (mr fry) brazil nuts are passed on via semen :blink:

I used to know someone who's fiancee had this problem. It brought her out in a horribly uncomfortable rash that would persist long after. Only knew them a short time so didn't get all the gory details. They tried carefully using condoms but it turned out the rubber also gave her a nasty rash. Guess they had to resort to other 'methods'.

Could be nature being very smart and these women have some genetic reason they are not ideal for creating offspring ?

Cool, I love quizzes me - always get all the answers on Simon Bates' morning show on Smooth I do.

So it's name some people who've died from exposure to a virulent form of semen is it...?

OK, final answer:

Is it the crew of the Belgrano...?

XYY

You can laugh. Took me about 8 years to realise that I'm sensitive to latex. I'm not a mechanic or a cleaner...

You can laugh. Took me about 8 years to realise that I'm sensitive to latex. I'm not a mechanic or a cleaner...

Reminds me of my student days.... a mate finally got down and dirty with his girl

couple of days later he noticed a rash :blink:

all hell broke loose with poor girl being accused, etc :blink:

he went to local clinic, had to explain to the receptionist (which was his mum :blink::blink::blink: )

had tests done.......

He was allergic to condoms <_<

I've always thought the wife looked in pain but it is difficult to tell from ecstasy. But it could just be like a shot of acid I suppose.

AH HA.

Maybe Angelina Jolie had this issue...swelling, redness....her lips fit the symptoms perfectly.

Degenerate, yes; funny, no.

..._

you miss the context on which the post is made.