House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Busybody Neighbour.

In the block of flats I live in, one neighbour, although pleasant, is obsessive about the place being 'nice' and seems to know everyone's comings-and-goings.

I passed her in the hallway by the stairs, where there are 13 amp wall sockets, provided for the cleaner's vacuum cleaners, etc.

Nothing was plugged into the switched socket, but the button was left in the 'on' position.

As I walked past, she walked over to the wall socket to switch it into the 'off' position to tidy it up. FFS.

In the block of flats I live in, one neighbour, although pleasant, is obsessive about the place being 'nice' and seems to know everyone's comings-and-goings.

I passed her in the hallway by the stairs, where there are 13 amp wall sockets, provided for the cleaner's vacuum cleaners, etc.

Nothing was plugged into the switched socket, but the button was left in the 'on' position.

As I walked past, she walked over to the wall socket to switch it into the 'off' position to tidy it up. FFS.

look at it another way.

you're lucky.

you have a resident human burglar alarm.

She sounds great.

And she was compaining to me about the hours you spend on the internet, she thinks you should get out more and find a nice young girl.

Are you sure you are getting angry enough about this ?

Maybe a whole evening sitting seething in front of the TV will help.

I do that! Saves money by stopping the electricity from leaking out.

free power in the corridors?

Quite. A true HPC-er would quickly run an extension lead under his door to power the single 20W bulb and the laptop that represent his entire consumption of electrical power.

Quite. A true HPC-er would quickly run an extension lead under his door to power the single 20W bulb and the laptop that represent his entire consumption of electrical power.

A flat I rented (tho for all of 2months), had sockets just outside the door. I could have easily put a hole through my side of the wall (stud walls) and wired in a double socket (or simply dropped my ring on to the external ring)... tho come to think of it maybe that was my electricity in the first place!

You should houseswap with jfk

Is she hot?

No, she is a huge lump of lard.

I hope she does something I can get really indignant about now, so I can escalate the situation.

She does like to leave pungent air fresheners in the communal corridor.

I suspect it is to conceal her smell of old-lady farts and boiled sprouts. (it works; but you can still tell that she must smel of old-lady farts and boiled sprouts, just by looking at her.)

I might sneak out into the hallway during the night and flip a few 13-Amp socket switches too, just to ramp up her OCD.

I do that! Saves money by stopping the electricity from leaking out.

You silly boy. You do realise that the electrons that dribble out of one coneector dribble back up into the other one?

A flat I rented (tho for all of 2months), had sockets just outside the door. I could have easily put a hole through my side of the wall (stud walls) and wired in a double socket (or simply dropped my ring on to the external ring)... tho come to think of it maybe that was my electricity in the first place!

Is that some sort of euphemism?

Is that some sort of euphemism?

I'm going out for a curry and few pints with some work colleagues tomorrow night and I fully expect it to lead to the dropping of my ring in the ensuing hours.

put some cress seeds out and see if they germinate near the socket.

I might sneak out into the hallway during the night and flip a few 13-Amp socket switches too, just to ramp up her OCD.

PLEASE re-mount a few of them completely upside down :lol: when it happens you'll hear the scream from your soundproofed HPC bunker

The socket thing wouldn't bug me even if it was repetitive but that might. Give some examples. Does she do this even in passing-style conversation and does she spot your "patterns"? "I know you're never here on Thursday evenings" < That would bug me.

put some cress seeds out and see if they germinate near the socket.

Er, I'd be careful about the consequences of telling folk to do stuff like that mate.

I've just tried that on me BT infinity socket, and now the friggin' cress is growing exponentially....

XYY

Er, I'd be careful about the consequences of telling folk to do stuff like that mate.

I've just tried that on me BT infinity socket, and now the friggin' cress is growing exponentially....

You've been double-cressed.

You've been double-cressed.

I know, it's terrible isn't it...?

Where it all ends is anybody's cress...

XYY

I expect that she has two hamsters.

I imagine that they run around their wheel all night, squeaking.

Imagining this is keeping me awake at night.

Should I go and hammer on her door and complain?