House Price Crash Forum

Black Tuesday?

Trampa501

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Investors should get used to U.S. Treasury yields rising toward 4 percent as the 30-year bull market in bonds comes to an end, according to Jim O’Neill, former chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management.

“It’s all part of this big normalization that’s going to happen,” O’Neill said in an interview in London today. “In the process, there could be quite ugly days.”

Likely more than just days as well.

Edited by billybong

HOLA445

Who'd have thought the stock market boom based on nothing more than some idiot at the BoE putting a 1 in front of their bank balance would collapse....

A few months ago, I actually posted this, many people I knew were talking about putting their savings on the stock market because there was no return from their savings accounts...risky.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA446

Who'd have thought the stock market boom based on nothing more than some idiot at the BoE putting a 1 in front of their bank balance would collapse....

A few months ago, I actually posted this, many people I knew were talking about putting their savings on the stock market because there was no return from their savings accounts...risky.

I've been more or less full tits long since last November. Took some profits when we hit 6600 but I'm taking much more off the table today.

Abe's kamikaze QE air drop has hit some serious turbulence and Benny hasn't really got his US Housing Bubble 2.0 going anywhere near vigorously enough to take up the slack of a QE taper.

A nice 1,000 point crash in the FTSE would be a welcome leaving present for King Kunt, too. :D

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Buying opportunity coming up? Buy, ride the bounce and then get out of Dodge.

Having sold out at 5900 last autumn I had given up hope of getting back in. I'd be surprised if we don't start seeing some support in the next few days and I will probably miss the boat.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Having sold out at 5900 last autumn I had given up hope of getting back in. I'd be surprised if we don't start seeing some support in the next few days and I will probably miss the boat.

We might get near to 6200 which might be the in point dependant upon what happens in the coming days and assuming this is not the start of somrthing bigger. Might even go down towards 6000 before it is ramped up again. Just keep a close eye on things.

I had not been keeping too close an eye on UK bond yields but have been interested to see where they have gone in recent days.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Either we settle down and it's another 'buy the dip' or

we're setting up for a 1987 style event (now or later in the summer)

place your bets

(if it's the latter then I'm going to get my long standing $1000 gold, $18 silver)

HOLA4415

Yup, our house fund is 50% equities 50% cash so we're taking a pounding today. Equities have been shooting ahead for the past 9 months or so: a correction is overdue.

UK government gilt yields are edging up too....

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/GUKG10:IND

nothing to get excited about as we're still only talking 2.2% but let's see what happens.

It's just over a year now since we closed out at 5260 during the Greek elections in May 2012.

HOLA4416

Either we settle down and it's another 'buy the dip' or

we're setting up for a 1987 style event (now or later in the summer)

place your bets

(if it's the latter then I'm going to get my long standing $1000 gold, $18 silver)

What are the indicators to watch out for that might give us a clue as to whether it is buy the dip or the latter big event? Is it mainly the bond yields?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I would still prefer well-paying, secure employment than a hot tip for the 3:30 at Newmarket.

I'd prefer dividends from 20 or 30 companies; far more reliable than employment by one business.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Still got my cash pile (and 60% equities). Wonder if this will be my chance to get shot of the cash at long last.

post it to me. faster than putting in equities.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Buying opportunity coming up? Buy, ride the bounce and then get out of Dodge.

Its how a lot of retail investors loose their money is to keep buying the dips as the market continues down. Its surprisingly easy to do, especially if they consider the stock (or currency) to be "oversold." A market can can remain "oversold" for quite some time.

Well the aussie dollar has been "oversold" for quite a while but has fallen further, though there are some signs its reaching a bottom.