House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Garden Cress Won't Germinate Near Wifi Routers

Take 400 Cress seeds and place them into 12 trays. Then place six trays in two rooms at the same temperature. Give them the same amount of water and sun over 12 days, and remember to expose half of them to mobile [Wi-Fi] radiation.

It is a recipe for a biology test so brilliant that it has attracted international attention among acknowledged biologists and radiation experts. Behind the experiment are five girls from 9b in Hjallerup School in North Jutland, and it all started because they found it difficult to concentrate during the school day:

- We all think we have experienced difficulty concentrating in school, if we had slept with the phone next to our head, and sometimes also experienced having difficulty sleeping, explains Lea Nielsen, who is one of the five aspiring researchers.

The school was not equipped to test the effect of mobile phone radiation on them. Therefore, the girls had to find an alternative. And the answer was Cress.

Six trays of seeds were put into a room without radiation, and six trays were put into another room next to two [Wi-Fi] routers. Such routers broadcast the same type of radiation as an ordinary mobile.

Healthy Cress

cress-unexposed.jpg

http://www.c4st.org/images/34/cress-unexposed.jpg

The "healthy" cress without the influence of the router. Photo: The girls from 9b

Then it was just necessary to wait 12 days, observe, measure, weigh and take pictures along the way. And the result spoke was clear: cress seeds next to the router did not grow, and some of them were even mutated or dead.

- It is truly frightening that there is so much affect, so we were very shocked by the result, says Lea Nielsen.

Unhealthy Cress

cress-exposed.jpg

http://www.c4st.org/images/34/cress-exposed.jpg

The "sick" cress exposed to the [Wi-Fi] router. Photo: The girls from 9b

Reactions

The experiment secured the girls the finals in the competition "Young Scientists", but it was only the beginning. Renowned scientists from England, Holland and Sweden have since shown great interest in the girls' project so far.

http://www.c4st.org/news/item/what-s-happening-around-the-world/danish-students-attract-international-attention-with-cress-and-wifi-experiment.html

So what effect does WIFI, DECT phone and mobile phone radiations have on the brain development of babies and young children?

Maybe the general dumbing down that is becoming more and more noticeable recently is a consequence of all the artificial radiation we have surrounded ourselves with in the last 20 years?

I wouldn't like to rule out any deleterious effects from non-ionising radiation, but I doubt very much that the failure of the cress to germinate here was caused by radio waves. One of those commenting writes that he has been happily germinating other seeds using the heat given off by his router, but that cress seeds need a cooler temperature. It's far more likely that these seeds did not germinate because their position next to a router was too hot for them. Next step: see if others can duplicate their results!

One of those commenting writes that he has been happily germinating other seeds using the heat given off by his router, but that cress seeds need a cooler temperature. It's far more likely that these seeds did not germinate because their position next to a router was too hot for them.

Modern WIFI routers are very much optimised to consume as little electricity as possible, below 10W is very common so I very much doubt the little heat created by a 10W router can influence cress seeds, unless they were placed right on top of the router.

Maybe the general dumbing down that is becoming more and more noticeable recently is a consequence of all the artificial radiation we have surrounded ourselves with in the last 20 years?

Or maybe your imagined 'dumbing down' is nonsense, and tests on IQ show that IQ has increased significantly over the past century.

Maybe the dumb bit is accepting alleged results of a supposed experiment by some schoolkids at face value.

Of course, no-one has ever done any research into biological effects of RF before. :rolleyes:

At least it explains the acres of dead cress around every mobile phone base station. <_<

I bet the 'renowned scientists' 'showing an interest' are the usual suspects.

Interesting experiment.

I can see how under certain circumstances cress would make a great proxy for the human brain.

:lol:

So....OK...who is doing it then.....?

I believe cress was all modified about 12 years ago by the NSA to enable them to record kindergarten conversations about who and who is not the milk monitor.

How long has wifi been around? If this effect was real don't you think people would have noticed dead houseplants or dead semicircle of garden next to the router by now?

Nah.

More likely it's just a case of post traumatic cress disorder...

XYY

I wouldn't like to rule out any deleterious effects from non-ionising radiation, but I doubt very much that the failure of the cress to germinate here was caused by radio waves. One of those commenting writes that he has been happily germinating other seeds using the heat given off by his router, but that cress seeds need a cooler temperature. It's far more likely that these seeds did not germinate because their position next to a router was too hot for them. Next step: see if others can duplicate their results!

Sounds right.

I wouldn't have a wifi router in my bedroom though and am uncomfortable about sitting in a big wifi network at work.

Sounds right.

I wouldn't have a wifi router in my bedroom though and am uncomfortable about sitting in a big wifi network at work.

I've got mine in the bedroom but then again I turn it off when we go to bed.

Our cat Rosie used to sleep on the router cos it was so toasty.

We took her the vets as she'd lost lots of weight, couldn't jump up, and had a nasty scratch on her nose. Only it was a tumour on her nose not a scratch.

Poor cat.

I get pain or a weird feeling deep in my ear if I use a mobile even for a short call. I also find the high pitched whine from many electrical devices annoying. TVs on standby often emit this noise.

Am I unusual?

I get pain or a weird feeling deep in my ear if I use a mobile even for a short call. I also find the high pitched whine from many electrical devices annoying. TVs on standby often emit this noise.

Am I unusual?

whilst workingout the knots in my hips the other day, lying on the floor using a tennis ball, I heard a strange two tone, high pitched, yet tuneful noise.

it turned out to be the black box on the laptop power supply.

Guest eight

Or maybe your imagined 'dumbing down' is nonsense, and tests on IQ show that IQ has increased significantly over the past century.

I met a child last night - he came up to me in the street asking to stroke my dog. He was wearing the uniform of a local school, so at the least was four years old - given the time of year, more likely five. Not only was he very dirty, his speech was atrocious - I struggled to understand any of the few words he said to me. That said, I'm pretty sure he wasn't "retarded" (for want of a better word), just probably replicating the grunts that his family communicate in at home.

Now, it's possible that his household has wi-fi, I suppose. Maybe that explains everything.

I met a child last night - he came up to me in the street asking to stroke my dog. He was wearing the uniform of a local school, so at the least was four years old - given the time of year, more likely five. Not only was he very dirty, his speech was atrocious - I struggled to understand any of the few words he said to me. That said, I'm pretty sure he wasn't "retarded" (for want of a better word), just probably replicating the grunts that his family communicate in at home.

Now, it's possible that his household has wi-fi, I suppose. Maybe that explains everything.

we are made of energy.

we react to the sun by browning.

sunlight is radiation we can see, and more that we cant see.

Wifi is radiation.

if you are close to a source, then to acheive a useable 50M range, the energy needs to be quite intense close to the source.

It stands to reason the radiation will affect things around them. may not be harmful, but affect them all the same.

I would guess that statistically, WiFi would be found prevalently in the homes of people of above-average intelligence.

Must be a causaitive correlation, too. Install WiFi and watch your IQ soar.

Lack of concentration was the complaint of the students. Many factors for this, including possible diet (sugary drinks, wheat based breakfasts etc..). Mind breakfast clubs sprang up (some sponsored by Kellogs) to ensure that kids got their dose of sugary pap in the morning on the rather dubious grounds that it somehow aided concentration.

Then there are all the modern distractions, phones, texts, whatsapp, facebook, email. twitter and so on. I'm sure I've found it much harder to concentrate on a single task over the years.

And I dare say the modern classroom environment is more distracted these days with its white boards and visual displays and generally gadgetry.

I very much doubt its the wireless lan. So many variables involved.

I find that if I sleep with my head near the router I don't need to have a haircut so often.

women need three routers, for that smooth all over look.